Car(s)
Mk7.5
That's bribery. 🤑
D599C9B7-2C75-4071-9662-AF51DC93BC7F.jpeg

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Yeah I did the same after you told me. I really wanted to get that before boost weather ends in Phoenix.
I’ve been logging temps with the stock duct and an open one @Javwohl lent me. He essentially took a Dremel to it and opened up the driver side.

at red lights. They perform identical. You can see the temp climb. Mind you it’s the intake manifold temp. I can’t log any temps from the intake pre turbo

with the stock duct. I gotta drive maybe 1-1.5 miles before the temps are down to pre red light numbers.

with the open duct, the temps drop way faster. Like 2-3 city blocks worth and the temps are back down again.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I’ve been logging temps with the stock duct and an open one @Javwohl lent me. He essentially took a Dremel to it and opened up the driver side.

at red lights. They perform identical. You can see the temp climb. Mind you it’s the intake manifold temp. I can’t log any temps from the intake pre turbo

with the stock duct. I gotta drive maybe 1-1.5 miles before the temps are down to pre red light numbers.

with the open duct, the temps drop way faster. Like 2-3 city blocks worth and the temps are back down again.
Sounds like we both expect the same from the dual air inlet. I wish now that I would have gone with the Racing Line closed intake that also replaces the air inlet. I've got the afe open intake and the Racing Line intake wouldn't get any under hood heat.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Sounds like we both expect the same from the dual air inlet. I wish now that I would have gone with the Racing Line closed intake that also replaces the air inlet. I've got the afe open intake and the Racing Line intake wouldn't get any under hood heat.
I had the closed injen intake. It also replaced the duct too. I sold it to @Javwohl cuz my kids got me the open injen intake.

did you search your order number? Any date changes?

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Temps should be nice enough for summers by April. I might have to do that cars and coffee bullshit. I doubt the cops will be out there due to assholes doing burnouts and shit. U down @Javwohl ? I need an adult to be there with me 😂

wario406

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2021 GTI
Cars and Coffee is the first Saturday of each month... Being there early (8) is key to seeing some really nice cars. Things begin to thin out by 9-10.