GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any meetups in the Aurora/Denver area?

68wooley

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 Golf R DSG/DCC
If I have to I might end up showing up in either a Toyota Pickup or an Integra if I can't sort out this suspension business.
If it makes you feel any better, I'm following a thread on the the Fiat 124 forums where a buddy spent 18 months of COVID delays rebuilding his engine after a turbo swap went horribly wrong (misaligned v-band clamp was stopping the waste-gate arm fully opening which in turn caused a spike to somewhere around 40psi with predictable and catastrophic results). Finally got the fully built engine in and was gently breaking it in when a freeze plug popped off, taking the timing belt with it....

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
If it makes you feel any better, I'm following a thread on the the Fiat 124 forums where a buddy spent 18 months of COVID delays rebuilding his engine after a turbo swap went horribly wrong (misaligned v-band clamp was stopping the waste-gate arm fully opening which in turn caused a spike to somewhere around 40psi with predictable and catastrophic results). Finally got the fully built engine in and was gently breaking it in when a freeze plug popped off, taking the timing belt with it....
Broooooo

that’s some crap luck!

68wooley

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 Golf R DSG/DCC
Took a ride in @jaystonewee 's GTI

that thing is a freaking monster! here's a video. You can't see it but the g forces want to slam the phone into my face. That vortex turbo swap on ethanol is a gnarly mix. Surprisingly, it's also civilized and stock like. When Jeff was driving civilized, it felt how one would expect.

Video is NSFW due to my profanity, sorry it's been a while since I was in something that fast.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/NMZxb64UA4sDpKii7

Not gonna bring up mods or how much power it might be making, that's up to Jeff if he wants to share. The tune is still on it's first revision but after reviewing his log. the tune is damn near complete.
I spent God knows how much to take my 124 from 165hp to - maybe, on a really good day, 220hp. I promised I wasn't touching the Golf. I did not need to see this :)

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
it's on June 5th. at (what time do you guys want to meet? and where?) I was thinking meeting at the same spot (2710 S Colorado BLVD MAP LINK ) at about 9am, we head out at 930ish, go drive then get a bite?

The plan is to meet up for about 30 minutes or so and take a cruise. These are the two routes @jaystonewee came up with

route 1:
1621607018045.png

and here's route 2:
1621607038806.png

We gotta decided on which one, I think Route 2 might have better unoccupied roads, but I'll let Jeff decide which would be the better most fun route.

I know of a place on route 1 with a solid smothered burrito

Going so far:
@Keehs360 Aurora
@jaystonewee Aurora
@Raguvian Denver
@Javwohl Denver
@68wooley Puerto Rican Aurora 😂
@FROSTYmk7.5 Denver (strong maybe, maybe)
@wario406 Eerie (Strongest maybe ever!)
@Winrahr
@kBoi Thornton

Need confirmation
@AERO (Maybe Aurora? Its where I may or may not have raced him)
@Coolrunning39 Denver
@tehfalcon (Denver maybe?)
@Deusx (Dunno)
@MKSeven (Dunno)
@MSH Denver
@Tacomonster (Dunno)
@docwyte (dunno)
@MSH Denver

Not allowed to come
@jimlloyd40 Arizona (Still chews with his mouth open :ROFLMAO: )

Am I missing anyone? Cuz I feel like I'm missing someone.

Last edited:

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
it's on June 5th. at (what time do you guys want to meet? and where?) I was thinking meeting at the same spot (2710 S Colorado BLVD MAP LINK ) at about 9am, we head out at 930ish, go drive then get a bite?

The plan is to meet up for about 30 minutes or so and take a cruise. These are the two routes @jaystonewee came up with

route 1:
View attachment 214319

and here's route 2:
View attachment 214320

We gotta decided on which one, I think Route 2 might have better unoccupied roads, but I'll let Jeff decide which would be the better most fun route.

Going so far:
@Keehs360 Aurora
@jaystonewee Aurora

Need confirmation
@AERO (Maybe Aurora? Its where I may or may not have raced him)
@wario406 (No idea where you're from)
@FROSTYmk7.5 Denver
@Coolrunning39 Denver
@tehfalcon (Denver maybe?)
@Deusx (Dunno)
@MKSeven (Dunno)
@MSH Denver
@Javwohl Denver
@kBoi Thornton
@Tacomonster (Dunno)
@Raguvian Denver
@docwyte (dunno)
@MSH Denver
@68wooley

Not allowed to come
@jimlloyd40 Arizona (Still chews with his mouth open :ROFLMAO: )

Am I missing anyone? Cuz I feel like I'm missing someone.
Not true. I don't eat anymore. 😂

jaystonewee

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI 4dr S 6spd
Route 2 is a fun drive for sure. Route 1 is more of a cruise.

Wanted to get a couple options out there and see what direction fellers were leaning.