GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any meetups in the Aurora/Denver area?

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
Heater. A small electric one. Put it in the garage. Turn it on to max. Come back 30 minutes later and set the heat down some and get at the car.

otherwise it’s unbelievably too cold
I'm only here for a few more months before I move so I decided to not buy more stuff lol

68wooley

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 Golf R DSG/DCC
Alright guys. How’s June 5th for the next meet up? Jeff thought it would be great to meet up and take a cruise somewhere

thoughts?
Newb R owner here. Pretty active in the DAE group and was on the Avants meet up weekend before last, but would love to meet up with a few more Mk 7 folks.

Still getting to know the new car - somewhat different from the Fiat 124 Spider it replaced :)

golfR.jpg

IMG_1400.JPG

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Took a ride in @jaystonewee 's GTI

that thing is a freaking monster! here's a video. You can't see it but the g forces want to slam the phone into my face. That vortex turbo swap on ethanol is a gnarly mix. Surprisingly, it's also civilized and stock like. When Jeff was driving civilized, it felt how one would expect.

Video is NSFW due to my profanity, sorry it's been a while since I was in something that fast.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/NMZxb64UA4sDpKii7

Not gonna bring up mods or how much power it might be making, that's up to Jeff if he wants to share. The tune is still on it's first revision but after reviewing his log. the tune is damn near complete.

jaystonewee

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI 4dr S 6spd
Anybody who is interested, HMU quick...got some interested buyers. If you have ever wanted to know the potential and feel it, now is your chance to experience it before jumping down the rabbit hole on your own.

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
LMK if you have questions or need a extra hand

I actually got the clutch on and everything back together. The problem started when I removed my strut to install the new ORT coilovers I bought, only to find out the top hats didn't fit at all. Further research showed they sent me a MK6 coilover with the wrong spring rates. Now I'm trying to get them on the phone while I run to Emich to get more stretch bolts to replace the ones I removed when I pulled the suspension out. I already ranted about it in the stupid questions thread, but basically this idiot company is costing me another alignment and a bunch of stretch bolts.

I even had the Golf R knuckles all ready to go with new ball joints and wheel bearings! I was so close to being done... really wanted the car dialed in by the next meet.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I actually got the clutch on and everything back together. The problem started when I removed my strut to install the new ORT coilovers I bought, only to find out the top hats didn't fit at all. Further research showed they sent me a MK6 coilover with the wrong spring rates. Now I'm trying to get them on the phone while I run to Emich to get more stretch bolts to replace the ones I removed when I pulled the suspension out. I already ranted about it in the stupid questions thread, but basically this idiot company is costing me another alignment and a bunch of stretch bolts.

I even had the Golf R knuckles all ready to go with new ball joints and wheel bearings! I was so close to being done... really wanted the car dialed in by the next meet.
I hate being so close and then flung so far. Hopefully you get your stuff quick