GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any major differences between alltrack model years? (shopping for used)

jbourne84

Car(s)
camry
Just joined the forum, I'm finally planning on moving on from my '06 camry and have landed on the alltrack as the car but I'm thinking used (slightly). It will be my first VW. Looks like it was made starting in 2017, any major differences between the years? issues? upgrades?

Feel free to comment on anything about the alltrack.

bitflogger

Car(s)
Golf Alltrack
We got a new one with the finance packages available. I believe 2019 for sure SE with the safety electronics package and SEL have larger infotainment screen than earlier models.

Somewhere here, vwvortex or reddit I saw posts about different brake rotors for some years. There is a TSB about roof leaks for 2018 and earlier. No TSBs or recalls show up for our 2019's VIN.

A month ago it seemed hard to consider used over new because of the incentives and 6/72 warranty on top of inventory available. There are still new 2019s out there with the incentives.

Ohidub_99.5

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 Alltrack
The pano-roof problem doesn’t discriminate by MY... if all the tech that comes with an SE or SEL doesn’t intrigue you all that much or isn’t a deal breaker, I’d recommend an S model to avoid the headaches....

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
You can convert a AWD sportwagen to "Alltrack" (almost)

just need taller springs, engine skid tray & stone protectors for rear lower arms...

jaypoto

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack S DSG
There are a few minor differences between the 2017 mk7 and the 2018 mk7.5 and up Alltrack. Some nice updates as well as areas where they cut costs.

Some things they cut from 2018 mk7.5+ are under hood insulation, under seat driver side drawer, sirius xm radio and antennae on the S model (only available on the SE and SEL I believe), cd player in the glove box on S models (now integrated behind the radio screen on mk7.5 s model).

Some things they added on the 2018 mk7.5+ are rear led tail lights, driver assist standard on all models, updated mk7.5 headlights (led drls on base headlights or led headlights on the upgraded lighting package headlights) interior dash trim is slightly darker. Also you can get a manual in the SEL as well as get the lighting package on the SE model.

I'm sure there a few more but these are the ones that I remember.

Upgrades? ALL OF THEM- huge parts list from mk7 GTI and R that works with the Alltrack. I'm APR IS20 stage 2 and really enjoy it the car and how it performs like a real sleeper wagon.

bitflogger

Car(s)
Golf Alltrack
There are a few minor differences between the 2017 mk7 and the 2018 mk7.5 and up Alltrack. Some nice updates as well as areas where they cut costs.

Some things they cut from 2018 mk7.5+ are under hood insulation, under seat driver side drawer, sirius xm radio and antennae on the S model (only available on the SE and SEL I believe), cd player in the glove box on S models (now integrated behind the radio screen on mk7.5 s model).

Some things they added on the 2018 mk7.5+ are rear led tail lights, driver assist standard on all models, updated mk7.5 headlights (led drls on base headlights or led headlights on the upgraded lighting package headlights) interior dash trim is slightly darker. Also you can get a manual in the SEL as well as get the lighting package on the SE model.

I'm sure there a few more but these are the ones that I remember.

Upgrades? ALL OF THEM- huge parts list from mk7 GTI and R that works with the Alltrack. I'm APR IS20 stage 2 and really enjoy it the car and how it performs like a real sleeper wagon.

@jaypoto do you know the part # for the under seat storage?

Thank you.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
And you got Fender with 2017 or older SE's

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
SEL also came with the “sport” seats. More aggressive bolstering, they seem more comfortable to me.

wish we could have ordered an SEL without sunroof. I honestly wasn’t excited about the driver aids, now I love them.