GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any Jersey folks pass inspection with an aftermarket downpipe?

GTI RobG

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI SE
I have an ARM catted downpipe in the garage and I have a Urotuning sensor spacer as well. Just wondering if anyone has had issues passing inspection with one installed if no CEL is on. My inspection is due in June, so I may just wait, but was wondering.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI MT, PP, LP
If it's not installed yet, I would wait it out. I think it'll be more headache if you have trouble passing and find that removing it, putting back on stock to pass, and then putting back on A/M is the solution.

From what I hear, it's hit and miss with people on passing in NJ with aftermarket DPs, even with spacers. Then depending which inspection you go to, they have undercar cameras. At least go to one without to rule that problem out.

RMinNJ

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI S
I've seen them looking underneath with a mirror... maybe for anything with a loud exhaust.

My kid learned the hard way...no cat is inspection headaches.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI MT, PP, LP
Thanks for the feedback. How do you know which have cameras? And I had no idea any had cameras in NJ.

I can't tell you about any other than Lodi, lol. Stay away from there. I can say that Paramus and Randolph were camera free last I went.

rye0pa

Go Kart Newbie
I just passed in December. I have AWE turbo back touring DP/w-cat and Exhaust. I just used cobb to put map 0 back and plugged sensor in 2 days before my inspection. They did look under the hood as exhaust is a bit louder than stock. But I passed no issues. Salem inspection station.

Rwong324

Car(s)
Gti
Apr down pipe with spacer. Retuned back to stock and drove until 7/8 readiness are set. Went to a local gas station in hazlet NJ and passed easily. No visual inspections.