GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any is20 guys with dragy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Adam’s car and mine are pretty close. Pretty much validates the whole 1.8T being at least as powerful if not more powerful than the 2.0 with all else equal.

Twindad, have you ran your car on ethanol yet? With the custom tune and two less wheels to drive, your 60-120 should be high 4’s to low 5’s I’m thinking? What’s your best so far on 93?
Still working out the kinks. I know the automatic shift will hurt a few tenths vs a dsg though. I also time 60-70,80,90 as well as 110. So this way I can see how it does before and after the shift. So on 93 with 23 psi of boost tapering to 20, the best was 6.63. The timing is pretty pulled back as well though. Only about 10 degrees total advance. Once we get the little bug worked out with fuel hiccups, he will add more timing and boost. Then we will go to the flex fuel. For that he said he will read the content and then adjust timing. So I'd imagine it will probably end up with something like a 25-21 boost curve at most

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Found it:

View attachment 163919

I was going to say based on the graph there’s no way you’re losing 2 tenths with the automatic. But I wasn’t expecting to see that kind of dip lol. So yeah, you probably are losing a tenth or two there. I don’t quite understand how you can hit negative g-forces lol but does that dip down to 0 occur at the same time as that weird RPM fluttering seen in your video? What exactly is that? Something related to the auto trans?
Yeah. The shifts are just lazy. In the old days this would call for a shift kit to firm them up, but nothing is available. There are solenoids for each gear. You can adjust a screw to adjust the shifts, but you would have to drop the pan for every adjustment. Go too far and the shift will bang too hard and jerk. So there is no real way to improve it. Just stuck with the factory sloppiness. I watched the APR video of their test car and concluded that the run was done on a dyno and bot real world conditions. I say this because I've gotten feedback from other auto guys and even seen their videos. Same laziness. Even when on a proper tune

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
This is why I also time the 60-70,80,90 and then 110 when I can. That shift can really affect the time and sometimes be worse than others. I compared those other times to see. These are where I sit with them all. Pulled the ones closest to each other. I did have a 6.43 on the jb4, but it was -.77% slope.
JB4 I Flash
60-100 6.81 6.62 6.47 I 6.63 6.80
60-90 4.33 4.23 4.19 I 4.45 4.41
60-80 2.65 2.62 2.58 I 2.70 2.68
60-70 1.29 1.26 1.23 I 1.28 1.28

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200124-221014_dragy.jpg
    Screenshot_20200124-221014_dragy.jpg
    281.8 KB · Views: 102

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Which APR video are you referring to? This one?

If so, that is definitely from the street and not the dyno. All of APR's acceleration videos are from the street.

I'm surprised your buddy Ian can't tune the Aisin trans. I thought he has a solution for everything.
There is no tune for them. It's all fluid and hydraulics. It's an old fashioned torque converter. He can change shift points, but that's it
I doubt the APR is in the street. The are going all the way to 125 on the stock tune. Its 55 seconds of acceleration. They would need a good mile long runway at least. Do they have that at their facilities?

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
You can see some hesitation in the rpms at each shift, but the mph is way too smooth which makes me think its definitely on a dyno

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
My factory OEM wheels and tires saved about 26lbs.

Again with the misleading info....

I'm very excited to show you the latest OEM addition to my 2017 Golf Sportwagen 1.8T 4Motion DSG! These wheels were manufactured by Fuchs and weigh 14.875 pounds or 6.747 kg. They were only available as an option on a couple different trim level MQB A3s in Europe only. They're pretty rare.

They’re 16x6.5 ET46 just like the “Toronto” wheels that came on my wagon. I run 225-50-16 tires.

Your car was built in Mexico...& you basically admit it was NEVER a "factory option" for YOUR CAR.....

Its exactly like dropping in & claiming a 2.5lt, 5cylinder Audi TT-RS engine is "factory OEM"...Just because its MQB platform...

P.S. VW only run that rim with a tyre size of 205/55R16.....so your tyres, are NOT "factory OEM"....

Stop showing yourself up...

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Here we go again with Dave, Mr. Nitpicker.

I never said the tires were factory OEM. I said my “factory OEM wheels and tires saved about 26lbs.” The wheels are what’s factory OEM, not the tires.

The wheels are a factory OEM part. They have a VAG part number.

Were the OEM 312mm brake rotors you have ever an option for YOUR Golf 1.4T Dave? If not, then by your own logic “Its exactly like dropping in & claiming a 2.5lt, 5cylinder Audi TT-RS engine is "factory OEM"...Just because its MQB platform...” ?

An Audi TT-RS engine has a VAG part number & therefore under your statement of ."The wheels are a factory OEM part. They have a VAG part number"..you would claim a retro-fit as "factory OEM"..

Your wheels were NEVER a factory option for YOUR car & therefore NOT "my factory OEM wheels & tyres"..& if your tyres were factory they would be 205/55R16 size..

This thread is about accurate draggy times & posting up the specs of the cars & what modifications have been done to achieve this...you are repeatedly giving out misleading info as per usual...

As for your last statement of "Were the OEM 312mm brake rotors you have ever an option for YOUR Golf 1.4T Dave?".....

Yet AGAIN proving you don't UNDERSTAND my build thread or how to guides...or read what I have previously posted on this...as someone asked the same question in the other draggy thread....

On my 1.4lt GSW, 312mm front brakes discs were a factory fit option to order in UK, in conjunction with the DCC dampers & alloy hub carriers....However, I have NEVER claimed they are "factory fit"..although they are more "factory fit" than your wheels & tyres...

People have repeatedly asked you to post videos of your GSW, & you have refused...& considering your propensity to mislead people I wouldn't trust the validity of those draggy slips being done in a 1.8lt IS20 AWD GSW...

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Here are my calcs on weight. I actually weighed all the "stuff in vehicle" which was primarily my roof-mounted bike racks, emergency/safety gear, personal odds/ends, HD floor mats, cargo mat, etc. My full weight included 14.5 gal of gas. Curb weight should include spare tire and anything the car comes with from the factory - not sure how they deal with fuel. Next time I get excited, I'll actually put it on the same scale lightened-up and verify it - it's $12 and it's right by my client's office in Mexico.

weight.JPG

Last edited:

tigeo

Autocross Champion
My factory OEM wheels and tires saved about 26lbs. The factory OEM battery saved about 8-9. So my total weight reduction is about 35lbs. However, Adam has a DP with no cats so probably weighs a bit less than my stocker with 2 cats. So then it just comes down to how much fuel was in both cars and how much he weighs personally vs me.
Walk me through this battery...which is it? Any downsides?

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Go fuck yourself. Every post I made in this thread until this one has been about Dragy runs. Open your eyes and maybe you’ll see it’s not me. Golfdave doesn’t even own a Dragy and probably has never even made a 1/4 mile pass before in his life. He searches my username to find my threads so he can troll them. Tell HIM to stop derailing this thread, not me.

In actual fact you are the one who is posting up misleading info supposedly to "help" others in this thread understand your fast draggy times.....

I just corrected your misleading info..therefore my post was perfectly ON TOPIC & relevant, especially when accurate facts pertaining to a cars specifications & how it goes fast are required.

You purposely & repeatedly mislead in virtually every thread regarding your cars exact specs, by misusing the English language.

You have also NOT posted any videos of your GSW despite numerous requests by other people.

Now you decide to tell a site moderator to "go fuck yourself"...….

You have been banned from various other forums, & obviously you have been trying since day one to get yourself banned from here as well.

No I do not have Draggy, as racing on the public roads is illegal (where I am) & I want my nice clean license to remain as such.."brisk" driving on twisty roads in my thing...not, drag racing.

As for your accusation that I am "trolling" you..no more than you tried to troll me by attempting to correct my how to guide on the 312mm brake swap (& showing yourself up for not reading the info at the start)

Status
Not open for further replies.