GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any is20 guys with dragy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
I
How do you get it to record 60-100 outside of going out to 130? Been awhile since I've played with it but don't recall it recording anything that wasn't one of the preset speeds (0-60, 1/4 mile, etc...)

It's in the custom settings

Roadhog

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
19' R
We have the same car with the same engine, trans and turbo so why wouldn’t our 60-120 be similar? The APR 100 octane tune only makes 7hp more than the APR 93 tune. My car may be slightly lighter but he was also in much lower DA with a downhill slope. I bet if he swapped out his aftermarket hardware for OEM, he’d be right there with me. The Golf R DP sure is one nice piece. I bought another one the other day for my second wagon.

Is this the tune you have?
https://www.goapr.com/products/ecu_upgrade_18tsi_gen3_mqb.html
APR IS20 GTI Turbo w/ APR DP100 AKI104 RON319 HP330 FT-LBS

tigeo

Autocross Champion

tigeo

Autocross Champion
I think you meant 60-100. Lol. You're only 3 tenths off of the world's fastest is20 wagon and you are heavier and on a 93 octane file still. I believe you are down 5-6 psi from that APR 100 octane tune. Maybe some lightweight wheels, lightweight battery and go vacuum out all of the fleshlights!
Those fleshlights are pretty light though....and useful so may keep those.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
We have the same car with the same engine, trans and turbo so why wouldn’t our 60-120 be similar? The APR 100 octane tune only makes 7hp more than the APR 93 tune. My car may be slightly lighter but he was also in much lower DA with a downhill slope. I bet if he swapped out his aftermarket hardware for OEM, he’d be right there with me. The Golf R DP sure is one nice piece. I bought another one the other day for my second wagon.

I would only accept actual side by side dynos for that proof. I dont think APRs dyno differences are accurate. I've seen your log and I've seen his Uni log. You hit 29 psi in third where he is barely brushing on 23 psi. Your timing is close enough. I know that 5-6 psi difference on my jb4 setting was worth a full second for 60-100. So while APR might claim 7hp, I guarantee it is more. Plus he is on Uni. I guess in reality he only needs to get his weight down to yours

tigeo

Autocross Champion
A couple things here.

You’re using his boost numbers on 93, not the E30 he ran these numbers with. No doubt his boost and timing went up as the ECU adapted.

You need to stop looking at peak boost numbers. They’re pretty irrelevant. The only thing that matters is average boost from 4700 to redline as this is the general RPM range our cars see during acceleration.

While the APR Stage 2 tune runs a little more boost than its competitors it also runs a little less timing. As a matter of fact, it runs less timing than the stage 1 tune I used to run.

With that said, if he were to swap his hardware for mine, I see no reason why he wouldn’t be right there with me.
Next time I fill up I'll splash some E30ish and log it...curious as well how it looks. What is your weight complete with you? 3420 is as low as mine is going.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
A couple things here.

You’re using his boost numbers on 93, not the E30 he ran these numbers with. No doubt his boost and timing went up as the ECU adapted.

You need to stop looking at peak boost numbers. They’re pretty irrelevant. The only thing that matters is average boost from 4700 to redline as this is the general RPM range our cars see during acceleration.

While the APR Stage 2 tune runs a little more boost than its competitors it also runs a little less timing. As a matter of fact, it runs less timing than the stage 1 tune I used to run.

With that said, if he were to swap his hardware for mine, I see no reason why he wouldn’t be right there with me.
He's not on an e30 file. The only thing the e30 will do is maximize his timing. His boost still was peaking at 23 and tapering to 20. You are peaking at 29 and tapering to 25. His timing is only 2-3 degrees more at most onnthe e30. Yes he ran logs with the e30 and yes I've seen plenty of this file before when helping others stack on it. The APR 93 tune runs a lot less timing, but the 100 octane tune is damn near the stock and Uni timing curve with a lot more boost.
As far as him using your hardware is laughable. You can argue that the golf R downpipe will flow plenty well enough for the is20 on your tune, but you can not say it will be an improvement for him vs the downpipe he is using. A turbo doesn't work on back pressure in these marginal situations. So his will always be just as equal or maybe better.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Oh and Adam must be pretty damn small and light because our cars with us in them weigh virtually the same. Adam, how much do you weigh personally? How much fuel was in your car when it weighed 3420?
I'm 175 and the tank was 1/8 that day. I did the math based on weighing everything I took out as well as the calcs on the fuel and backed it out of my 3620 certified weight with full tank.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
My factory OEM wheels and tires saved about 26lbs. The factory OEM battery saved about 8-9. So my total weight reduction is about 35lbs. However, Adam has a DP with no cats so probably weighs a bit less than my stocker with 2 cats. So then it just comes down to how much fuel was in both cars and how much he weighs personally vs me.
My Unitronic DP has a single high flow cat.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
My factory OEM wheels and tires saved about 26lbs. The factory OEM battery saved about 8-9. So my total weight reduction is about 35lbs. However, Adam has a DP with no cats so probably weighs a bit less than my stocker with 2 cats. So then it just comes down to how much fuel was in both cars and how much he weighs personally vs me.
My wheels and tires are heavy. VW Blade 17x7 are 26ish lbs ea.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Next time I fill up I'll splash some E30ish and log it...curious as well how it looks. What is your weight complete with you? 3420 is as low as mine is going.
I thought the logs you were doing today was on some ethanol. That wa just straight 93?

tigeo

Autocross Champion
I thought the logs you were doing today was on some ethanol. That wa just straight 93?
Yes sorry if I wasn't clear...93 only today. Early next week I'll get some E and send it.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
What’s interesting is the published VW specs for the 2018 4Motion DSG put it at a little lighter than the 2017. The same is true for the 6-speed and I think other trims as well. I wonder why the 2018s are lighter? Could be the different bumpers and such.
They started cheating out on sound deadening and stuff like that. Does yours have the under hood insulation? My 16 does, but I heard later years don't

tigeo

Autocross Champion
What’s interesting is the published VW specs for the 2018 4Motion DSG put it at a little lighter than the 2017. The same is true for the 6-speed and I think other trims as well. I wonder why the 2018s are lighter? Could be the different bumpers and such.
I see 3338 for the curb weight of my 2018.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Yes sorry if I wasn't clear...93 only today. Early next week I'll get some E and send it.
I've seen a bunch of the file on a guy Ryan's car. Older file, but boost seems similar. E30 would only give him perfect timing. Not more boost. They probably work it on a boost target and then adjust timing based on fuel and IAT.

Status
Not open for further replies.