GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any is20 guys with dragy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Can you put up some 0-130 and 60-130 times pls? I'm curious to see how it does higher up.
Not very well. Lol.

You can always tell the true power of cars by learning to read the "G" or acceleration line.

.5gs at 110mph is about the gold standard for what is considered a quick street car.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
The higher end stuff just is meh to me...0-100 or so is about all the really matters in terms of normal day-to-day/won't go to jail driving.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Typical is20 response lol jpwy
haahhahahaha - typical response of a 47 year old man that's happy just going to stop light to stop light. Fastest I've had it is about 110.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Sure, probably a little slower than your R1. ?
I‘d do it but my local APR dealer charges me labor to flash the ECU. So half an hour to flash to the 93 program and another half hour to flash back to the 100 program. $120+tax.

Perhaps the OEM hardware makes more power than the aftermarket hardware you have?
I understand - that's the bummer with APR (no flash at home) but it would be cool to see the data with the OE Golf R DP. I don't see how the Golf R DP is going to flow anymore exhaust than the aftermarket/high-flow catted DPs, but my point was, while I think the aftermarket DPs add more power, it's probalby negligible in the end vs. the massive difference from that 100 oct tune. Beyond that, I have a larger silicone intake hose, K&N air filter, larger bore turbo inlet pipe, turbo muffler delete, the d. side air duct Dremeled out, and the Euro p. side (VW/OE!) block off plate.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Typical is20 response lol jpwy
Well you are commenting on a thread about 1.8 guys with the is20. What exactly did you think the response would be? Are you here just to brag that your big turbo car is faster? I doubt any of us care

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I understand - that's the bummer with APR (no flash at home) but it would be cool to see the data with the OE Golf R DP. I don't see how the Golf R DP is going to flow anymore exhaust than the aftermarket/high-flow catted DPs, but my point was, while I think the aftermarket DPs add more power, it's probalby negligible in the end vs. the massive difference from that 100 oct tune. Beyond that, I have a larger silicone intake hose, K&N air filter, larger bore turbo inlet pipe, turbo muffler delete, the d. side air duct Dremeled out, and the Euro p. side (VW/OE!) block off plate.

My car on Ethanol and the timing turned up feels waaaay different than having DP only. Ethanol and timing turned up is almost as eye opening as stock to stage 1.

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
Well you are commenting on a thread about 1.8 guys with the is20. What exactly did you think the response would be? Are you here just to brag that your big turbo car is faster? I doubt any of us care
He literally said just playing with you.......

tigeo

Autocross Champion
He’s trolling hard over in the 2.0 Dragy thread too. Saying he trapped 117 with a stage 1 GTI but then can’t provide any proof whatsoever. Just put him on ignore.
Where is that thread located?

tigeo

Autocross Champion
I have had some fun for sure with Dragy and the data - I'm a total data nerd in general so of course spreadsheets etc. I like these calculators that estimate your crank hp from your 1/4 data and weight. I have an accurate weight and the Dragy data should be plenty accurate for the time/speed. Here's what I came up with using formulas I found online as well as 15% driveline loss. I'd say this is probably close to what you'd see on a dyno based on what I've read. The formula is just =weight*(trap speed/235)^3. There is some variance in that 235 number, I've seen some that show it lower (228.5) but that gives numbers that are too high. Have you guys done anything like this?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 101

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Each time I set a new WR, they start trolling and someone reports them. Then the mod closes the thread and reopens it a day or two later.
That's happened once. Trust me, it won't get re opened again if it gets to the point of ridiculous that it did in the past.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
No sir, I haven't. I have my sights set on the 11.44 Chuck G ran before he blew it up. That car was gutted with four slicks, no exhaust system. etc. I want to beat that ET in full street trim with ordinary street tires (with an IS38 of course). Can you plug my numbers into the spreadsheet and see how much more power I'd need to run 11.43? Thx.
Your best run shows that you were making about 400 at the crank by my calc and assuming the same "race weight" as me (3620 lbs). To hit a 11.43 you'll need to add quite a bit...about 480hp. So as usual, add power or reduce weight or both. Fun stuff here:

http://wallaceracing.com/et-hp-mph.php

tigeo

Autocross Champion
My car is quite a bit lighter than 3620. The way I run it it is about 3320 with me in it. Not sure why yours is so much heavier? I do have the Euro A3 wheels, the Euro 1.4T battery and run with no spare or jack jones.
You've done an accurate scale weight? I just did mine last week and the calcs work out about dead-nuts on the stated curb weight of 3,338 by the time you remove me and the extra bits that VW wouldn't use in that weight (all my stuff, bike racks, yadda yadda).

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 86
Status
Not open for further replies.