GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any here into retro gaming?

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I tried 9 but im losing interest. Beat 7 when it came out. 1,2,3 and chrono trigger too. I just can’t do the grinding. Too old for that shit
You’ll like 8. Less of that prerequisite fetching and grinding. Give it a shot?

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE/DSG
LOVE retro-gaming. I've enjoyed video games of all stripes since the late '70s. I have a subscription to RetroGamer magazine...by far my favorite periodical! I've been kicking around the idea of picking up a Retron 5 to start building a retro gaming library in earnest.

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
My wife at 51 just started playing video games after a lifetime of thinking they were stupid. She got into Valheim, because we could play and hangout with our son and his wife online, now she's playing No Man's Sky.
My wife has played since before we met. A large portion of my male friends are jealous of it. Until we start trying to figure out who gets to play first. Beats having a wife who bothers me saying I play them too much.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Beat metroid last month. Only been 35 or so years since last playthru 😂

Almost done with super metroid. Excited for metroid dread.
Finished last night. Game was far too easy compared to the original. Enemies don't even nail you as you go through the bubble doors! The original made sure you cleared the room or made you pay for it.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I built a retropie with a raspberry pie 3b+. This is what I used

I love the old metroid games. But Killer Instinct is the favorite !!!!!

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
The PSP Go was an amazing emulation machine.

Not as versatile as other options, but I got an SNES Mini when it came out and loaded it with all SNES games. The Metroid Dread trailer has made me want to replay Super Metroid for the 100th time. I still have Metroid 2 and a Gameboy I can play it on 🤣

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
I quit gaming some 20+ years ago, but my favorites were Wolfenstein 3D and Duke Nukem. I've not checked to see if there's modern PC versions of these, plus I'm used to playing with a joystick, not a mouse or keyboard.

1624202642337.png

1624202576572.png

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
i have a raspberry pi 4 hooked up to my tv, loaded with emulators and roms but only used it a couple of times. this thread makes me want to fire it up

but then again i have a bunch of $60 games on my ps4 i've barely ever touched lol

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I'm going to give Dying Light a try. Playing Resident Evil 8 right now.

The story is meh, the game play is fantastic. Play with a friend, it's better as a team.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
i have a raspberry pi 4 hooked up to my tv, loaded with emulators and roms but only used it a couple of times. this thread makes me want to fire it up

but then again i have a bunch of $60 games on my ps4 i've barely ever touched lol

Haha...I thought I was the only one that did that. I still have games that are over two years old still in the wrapper.

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
I have seen these running around. I built a RetroPie a couple of years ago and I enjoy it, when there is time to use it. I also repurposed one of my PSPs and fitted a massive LIPo into it and set it up to run emulators. It handles cart games pretty well, the disc based stuff, notsomuch.

On the legal end, it isnt. Emulation in and of itself isnt illegal, owning the ROMs is the issue.

Good steal though.

What are you running those on? I have some ROMs but I dont really have any dedicated hardware that can properly emulate the PS2 stuff.
I'm using pcsx2. If wanted i can pm you the link to more roms