GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any experience with Brembo Xtra Rotors and Low-Met pads kit?

TwinSnails

Ready to race!
Car(s)
B5 S4 Avant, Mk7 R
Hey All,

My new-to-me R is in need new brakes and I've been poking around here reading all about the various pads, rotors, etc. until I went cross eyed. I'm looking at a DD setup that'll mainly be good for some weekend fun and came across this setup:

https://www.eeuroparts.com/Parts/50...ront-and-Rear-340mm-310mm-Low-Met-3807729KIT/

Has anyone tried these before? The pads are supposed to be slightly more aggressive than the Brembo Ceramics and for the price, it seems like it might be worth a shot.

R Golf

Go Kart Champion
Why not OEM replacement?

Same question. I run quite a few track days and find stock setup on my R fine for DD and track use on a variety of tracks pushing very hard. Of course you eed to go with higher temp/stickier pads and high temp fluid, but MUCH cheaper and less hassle than full brake swap.

TwinSnails

Ready to race!
Car(s)
B5 S4 Avant, Mk7 R
Not saying that the stock setup isn't fine, was more just curious if anyone has any experience with these pads in particular. The rotors are of course more for looks than performance, especially for a novice track day driver, but just wanted to see if there were any reviews out there for their low-met pads. I need a full pad and rotor replacement anyways as my rotors are worn down beyond being machined.