GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

any difference to sizes

Blue-Motion-Ricky

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi guys,

the 1.2 tsi bluemotion comes with trims standard.... i know i know its stupid but with it being an ex VW owned car they didnt upgrade to alloys for the £165 that it is. :mad:

so my question is other than it looking like a hover car are the wheel sizes the same i.e :

offset
centre bore
stud pattern

i believe they should be no difference but just wanted to be safe.

thanks for any help

Ricky

amullo

Ready to race!
i believe it is. Alot of threads on the swedish vw forum about people using mk6 rims on their mk7

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Yes, they are.

Blue-Motion-Ricky

Passed Driver's Ed
also last thing.... would 18"s be that much worse than 17"s for ride comfort ? just before i commit to buying my alloys. there seems to be a much better range for the 18".

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Bear in mind that your car won't have the sports suspension that would normally be fitted had you specified 17" or 18" alloys from the factory - for that matter why didn't you?

Could be a bit of a lumpy ride.

DW58

Go Kart Champion
What I meant was why didn't you simply spec the car with the bigger wheels and thus better suspension in the first place - or maybe you can't on a 1.2 S???

I'm a tad puzzled by the big wheels on the "S" to be honest, but it's none of my business.

Blue-Motion-Ricky

Passed Driver's Ed
Ahhh got ya got ya. I didnt spec it from new. In my O.P i state its an ex VW owned car. Straight from milton keynes. So they must of felt the upgrade was pointless. And with regards to big wheels. I would hardly say 17s were massive. 18s yeah probably abit too far. I value your point. Each to there own. But putting 16s on is pointless to me. But thats just me 2pennys worth.

Cheers dw58 :)

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Ah got you. Absolutely your choice which I respect. Is it currently on steel 15"? It might be worth checking about speedo/odometer calibration with such a big change of wheel size.

Blue-Motion-Ricky

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah its 15 which is gutting. Ive seen nice 16s but didnt want to make such a small upgrade. Might be better in the long run with 16s. Last thing i need is speedo reading wrong :( lol.

DW58

Go Kart Champion
I'm maybe unusual that I have no real interest in upgrading to larger wheels - I'd rather have my money invested in the practicality of two sets of 16" alloys with top quality winter/summer tyres (both top-of-the range Contis).