GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any advantages to MK7 being built in Mexico?

2.0t_convert

Ready to race!
Mexico, will probably have less restrictions on materials :) the mk6 gti sold in mexico is a lot nicer than ours, they have the stock euro lip and no side markers.

Being built in Mexico won't make a difference since minor differences like these are about meeting market standards. The US DOT requires side markers.

One positive thing about local North American assembly is that profit margins might increase to the point where VWoA would consider bringing us a few more niche models. Like a Scirocco...

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Mexico, will probably have less restrictions on materials :) the mk6 gti sold in mexico is a lot nicer than ours, they have the stock euro lip and no side markers.

Mexico receives Euro spec cars. We will still receive US spec models regardless of where they are made.

zee

Go Kart Champion
One positive thing about local North American assembly is that profit margins might increase to the point where VWoA would consider bringing us a few more niche models.

I'm hoping too.

I want this to be my next car and it's already made in Mexixo. Same exterior blue, black leather interior, TDI and 4-motion.

My GTI will be 5 years by the end of next summer and I am getting bored of it. Just in time for the Mk7

The R-line body kit will be nice too, but might be asking too much.

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
Mexico receives Euro spec cars. We will still receive US spec models regardless of where they are made.

They also receive Peugeots and Renaults too :(

lon888

Ready to race!
Hopefully the days of a 3 to 4 month delivery time won't be happening any more. Since their labor costs are less, maybe we'll get some of the stuff the euro cars get such as under seat storage and puddle lights.

AF-MKVI

Go Kart Champion

ncelk

I am interested in the Mk7 but will not buy a 1st year GTI again regardless of where it is built. Nor would I buy a first year Japanese car either. Let them get the kinks worked out first.

tturbocar

Passed Driver's Ed
My cousin works at the plant already. He says major upgrades are being done as we speak and yes vw techs and reps will be flow in to oversee first batches of cars built. The audi plant is starting to be built already. Its a mad house In puebla Mexico but awesome to see prototypes before they enter full production.

Sent from yo mama's house!

SweetJones_29

Ready to race!
I am interested in the Mk7 but will not buy a 1st year GTI again regardless of where it is built. Nor would I buy a first year Japanese car either. Let them get the kinks worked out first.

I always here people mention this but if they worked out the kinks for the mk6 for the 11', 12', 13' wouldn't have the same carry over kinks as the 2010. Water pumps, tensioner , intake flap, etc wouldn't be prevalent through the full run of the mk6 production. I have not read of any electrical issues were fixed after the first run. The only issue I see with getting the first year production of a new is maybe missing out on better options or performance feature. My friend bought the new model of the Mustang Gt. the very next year they came out with the 5.0. Same exact car but better motor. VW is pretty consistant with offering the same option throughout the full run of a production model. It doesn't hurt to wait a year to see if anything new is offered.

Desert MVIGTI

Go Kart Champion
My friend bought the new model of the Mustang Gt. the very next year they came out with the 5.0. Same exact car but better motor.

Buying a Mustang GT a year before the Coyote is, quite possibly, the biggest model year improvement miss fuckup in the last 10 years.....although I'd be interested to hear a topper.....

SweetJones_29

Ready to race!
Buying a Mustang GT a year before the Coyote is, quite possibly, the biggest model year improvement miss fuckup in the last 10 years.....although I'd be interested to hear a topper.....

I was piss when I got my mk4 and the next year they came out with the 20th anvirsary. Nicer wheels, body kit, seats, and exhaust.