GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any advantages to MK7 being built in Mexico?

McQueen77

Banned
I mean isnt it just basically really similar to the TFSI thats been in the Audis for years? Te kinks are probably being overstated. I dont even care about the mexico thing anymore. German engineered, made by robots somewhere else. It took me a year of DIY and trips to the dealer to solve build issues with my german made gti thati never experienced with years of japanese cars. Rattles, windnoise, seals all replaced, etc etc.

SweetJones_29

Ready to race!
I mean isnt it just basically really similar to the TFSI thats been in the Audis for years? Te kinks are probably being overstated. I dont even care about the mexico thing anymore. German engineered, made by robots somewhere else. It took me a year of DIY and trips to the dealer to solve build issues with my german made gti thati never experienced with years of japanese cars. Rattles, windnoise, seals all replaced, etc etc.

I'm sure it won't take long for someone to correct me but I believe the TFSI is the same as the TSI. Audi just gave it a different name to make it sound cooler. Does Audi call the FSI in the S3 a TFSI?

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Mexico to US import tax is highly subsidized for final consumer products. Don't ask me why, seems like a terrible idea. Whirlpool just shut down their last washing machine plant down there, though :thumbsup:

butchered by autocucumber

SayaGTI

www.meatspin.com
I'm sure it won't take long for someone to correct me but I believe the TFSI is the same as the TSI. Audi just gave it a different name to make it sound cooler. Does Audi call the FSI in the S3 a TFSI?

Audi motors have multiport fuel injection that complements the direct injection. This reduces the carbon buildup that is prevalent with our TSI motors. I think it also has different variable valve timing on the exhaust side (can't remember off the top of my head).

engineered2win

Ready to race!
I fail to see how moving production to Mexico will reduce build quality. My 2011 at 50k miles has worse build quality than my old cavalier at 150k. My seats never frayed, I never had problems with the door seals, it didn't have an EGR valve to break and leave me stranded, and the dealers were somewhat sympathetic of the piece of junk I drove. They both have about the same number of squeaks and rattles, but the chevy was cheap enough none of that mattered.