GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Another Videoless Story of a Civic Type-R That Tried...

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
Disclaimer: This happened on a two lane road that very few people take because it’s out of the way for most routes. I take it precisely because few cars take it and I can relax.

As I’m driving along normally with Deep Purple playing, a mid/late 2000’s Civic Type-R comes up beside me revving his engine and such. The driver looks over, revs his motor once more and tries to go.

Well, I forgot I left my car in 4th while “cruising” instead of 5th. So as he looks over and revs, I (thankfully) had the frame of mind to gear down to and proceed to obliterate him with so many bus lengths it wasn’t even funny.

As I come to a stop, he catches up, takes the lane beside me. As the light turns green, I take off normally and he stalls his car thinking I was gonna race him. :D

PS: As a lot of you know, I rarely post on here because I try to be responsible knowing I can access Stage 2 power very easily with my car. But I had to post this because it made my night!

jmargaretis

Go Kart Champion
:smirk:
Love these moments!

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Ya unless it's built pretty well, they won't stand a chance. Nice kill :)

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
Ya unless it's built pretty well, they won't stand a chance. Nice kill :)

Thanks! It looked completely stock, but so does my car. I think he thought it would be closer.

Oh and I didn't mention, but he was lining up a la roll racing when he came up beside me. He was on the opposing lane of this road which was why I looked. Thankfully, this route is not often used especially at night.