GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Another use for your fluid extractor...

ITGUY

Autocross Newbie
I had an issue with the selector on my transmission coming loose probably from when the LSD was put in. There was trans fluid was spewing from the top all over the place. So after steam cleaning the engine bay and ordering the new seals I pulled the selector out. Fluid didn't look too good so I was like I wonder if I can extract all the fluid from the top. So the answer is yes you can.. lol

1610608534100.png

o_a_ravi

Go Kart Newbie
You should head the service department at your local stealership., doing this Patented Top Suck, Measure and Fill the tranny will save thousands on oil cost and time. ;)

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
I'm thoroughly convinced that VW designed the access of all the fluids so that they could be removed/filled without getting underneath the car. Good work.

ITGUY

Autocross Newbie
I'm thoroughly convinced that VW designed the access of all the fluids so that they could be removed/filled without getting underneath the car. Good work.
I'd have to agree.. I've tried using the extractor on a Hyundai and Nissan with a couple of quarts coming out after opening the drain plug.

95b14

Go Kart Newbie
Where did you get the seals from? I think I have the same leak but haven’t pulled the intake off yet to confirm. Also good to know the extra or is effective

ITGUY

Autocross Newbie
FCP EURO
1610735019467.png

I didn't want to risk scratching up the seal surface so I purchased this tool and it arrived today.
1610735103591.png

1610736460696.png

Attachments

• 1610736444784.png
    1610736444784.png
    1 MB · Views: 53
Last edited:

ITGUY

Autocross Newbie
12 will need to removed first.. Then removed the selector and replace 17 which is the O ring. Then do the gasket. I got the liqui Moly long life grease because the VW part number is not in stock anywhere.. and was told this was just as good. Of course I sucked the fluid out and replaced it with new.
1610735739368.png

1610735895832.png

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
Did you still pop out the fill plug to get proper level, or just fill with correct amount and call it a day? I've got the same seal puller, works like a charm and doesn't cost a zillion bucks like the Snap-on ones do :).