GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Another one bites the dust (injector stuck)

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
Guess I'm gonna have to buy more stuff and learn how to do that. Tonight. Ugh.

Cylinder 3 plug looks okay...I think. Looks the same as plug 1 to me. I swapped coils 1 and 3, while I had stuff apart. But I really don't think that's the issue anyway. Looking more like a fuel issue to my untrained eye. How do you check an injector? Maybe I should be posting in the stupid questions thread.

Guess I'm heading to wally world for a soldering kit...

Plug 3
20200221_202423.jpg

Plug 1
20200221_205759.jpg

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Well now how f*cked am I? Went to pull the coils and plugs, and one of the ground wires was rotated. Got the nut loose, and the connector just broke with like zero force. This is on cylinder 4. My misfire is on cylinder 3. View attachment 166126
Join the club, easy fix just solder a new eye connector on and be on your way.

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Shit, I did the fix without soldering.

Super glue it

By the way if that connection breaks and there is still a piece left it is still usable. That is just a negative ground so even just a tad if you can use the nut to pinch it in any way it will still fire.

Ask me how I know. Also, DO NOT TORQUE THOSE NUTS -_-

cnamk7

I was having a misfire issues that I assumed was an injector again. Turned out my carbon buildup was very bad. Idles smoother now at 74k than when it has <1000 miles on it.

Navi

Autocross Champion
Join the club, easy fix just solder a new eye connector on and be on your way.

yup... happened to me as well. Grabbed some extra wire I had laying around and did a quick solder job. Probably the ugliest solder ever but I was in a rush. This summer I'm going to redo all 4 of those eye connectors. I've tweaked them all by being careless and not holding the bottom bolt and having both bolts twist the connector.

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
Is the faulty injector issues only happening to golf r and s3 injectors? Or are gti guys having same issue as well?

greggles

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
I've currently traced an issue to either an injector, or carbon buildup. (cylinder 2 hard misfire). Ed thinks its the injector. Issue is, replacing the injector, might as well carbon clean. Carbon cleaning, might as well replace the injectors. $$ if you can't do it yourself.

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
Is the faulty injector issues only happening to golf r and s3 injectors? Or are gti guys having same issue as well?
Not really sure, but I haven’t seen many regardless of model so couldn’t tell you whether it was for sure R/S3 or not

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
Mine ended up getting diagnosed with cylinder 3 injector not flowing enough fuel. Got all 4 replaced. So now I've got zero carbon and new injectors. And a new water pump/thermostat. What's the next thing to break? lol