GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Another MK7 for Copart.

OldVWFan

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
Driver seems to be speeding and should have seen and anticipated the move by idiot in the minivan. Would have been better for him if he had and then slowed and probably would have saved him a bunch of grief.

Sootchucker

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI (2018)
Maybe it’s because I’m from the uk and I don’t really get the responses here. Sure the minivan has to take equal blame for manoeuvring without looking or indicating, but the speed the Golf was doing in a residential area was just plain idiotic and downright dangerous. Sorry unless things are different in the US there is no I repeat no excuse for driving that fast in a residential area.

the Golf owner is lucky that a kid or pedestrian didn’t walk into the road from behind one of the trees, and would then have been killed instantly, and the Driver and the family of the dead would have to live with it for the rest of their lives.

Speed is great in the right conditions (open country lane, highway etc.) but not there.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
agree with Soot (mostly) I tend to have fun on backroads...same danger of kids even in rural areas (at least rural CT)

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Minivan totally at fault but if GTI bro is driving the speed limit he has zero problem avoiding the crash.

I think he still could have avoided it with pure straight line braking instead of trying to scoot past also.

If you French fry when you're supposed to pizza...

You're gonna have a bad time.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Minivan totally at fault but if GTI bro is driving the speed limit he has zero problem avoiding the crash.

I think he still could have avoided it with pure straight line braking instead of trying to scoot past also.

This was my exact same thought. Minivan has the bigger pie in the end.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
I TURN NOW, GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY ELSE

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
axles and wheels might need some help LOL