GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Another hit and run :-(

So came out of work yesterday, drove home and seen this. Someone has obviously hit my car when it was parked in the car park at work.

Nice of them :mad:

Attachments

• IMG_5385.jpg
    IMG_5385.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 654

evilfish5000

Passed Driver's Ed
How nice of them to not take responsibility. I know it won't help you much now but next base do dash cams with a parking mode. So if the camera detects movement it automatically films a 30 second clip which may give you the chance of catching there plate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I'm thinking of investing in one. That's after I pay to have this repaired

How nice of them to not take responsibility. I know it won't help you much now but next base do dash cams with a parking mode. So if the camera detects movement it automatically films a 30 second clip which may give you the chance of catching there plate.

evilfish5000

Passed Driver's Ed
Looks like you can get a smart repair done on that. I had a similar scuff on mine and was quoted around £365. Thankfully insurance paid for this so didn't have pay myself.

richiekuk

Ready to race!
So came out of work yesterday, drove home and seen this. Someone has obviously hit my car when it was parked in the car park at work.

Nice of them :mad:

Same thing happened to me. (almost identical). I feel for you.
I managed to find out who did it to mine though with a bit of deft detective work.
They paid in the end. Repaired good as new for £120.

Another quick questions, some guys are saying 3-4 hours to repair. I've got others saying they can't do a smart repair and it needs to be in the garage for a few days. Anyone got any thoughts ?

8250rpm

Passed Driver's Ed
If its not done in a bodyshop in a proper spray booth then it will be a crap repair. I dont care what anyone says, professional or not. Recently had a repair done and its pretty rubbish. Bits of dirt in the paint, overspray, poor finish. It cant be done properly outside, there is wind and dust and flies/bugs etc. Lease car so im not that bothered. To the untrained eye it looks ok being white.
If it were my car/pride and joy it would be going in the bodyshop everytime. Just my 2p worth.

If its not done in a bodyshop in a proper spray booth then it will be a crap repair. I dont care what anyone says, professional or not. Recently had a repair done and its pretty rubbish. Bits of dirt in the paint, overspray, poor finish. It cant be done properly outside, there is wind and dust and flies/bugs etc. Lease car so im not that bothered. To the untrained eye it looks ok being white.
If it were my car/pride and joy it would be going in the bodyshop everytime. Just my 2p worth.

Someone who has given me a quote is going to do it inside but only needs around 4 hours where a few others want the car for 1-2 days ?!

richiekuk

Ready to race!
Mine was a smart repair. Done at a bodyshop mind.
I would give anyone a tenner if they could spot it and mines CSG.