GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Android Auto slow to startup

lightbody

Car(s)
2017 Golf GTI mk7.5
Hi,

When I plug in the cable to my phone, for at least a minute or so, sometimes longer, nothing at all happens. This can feel like forever if you've jumped in to drive away and are wanting to use it for something. Eventually the screen comes up saying its identified the phone and then it works faultlessly. On other cars when I do this its near-instant.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there an update to fix it? My late 2017 GTi hasn't been back to a VW dealer since it was delivered, so won't have received any.

Thanks

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Hi,

When I plug in the cable to my phone, for at least a minute or so, sometimes longer, nothing at all happens. This can feel like forever if you've jumped in to drive away and are wanting to use it for something. Eventually the screen comes up saying its identified the phone and then it works faultlessly. On other cars when I do this its near-instant.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there an update to fix it? My late 2017 GTi hasn't been back to a VW dealer since it was delivered, so won't have received any.

Thanks
Been a while since I used Android Auto on the MIB, but I don't remember it being super snappy. Probably normal.