GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Android Auto Help

NY01

Passed Driver's Ed
My Android Auto is suddenly sporadically not working. Worked great for last 8 months and I'm on current new version of software. Same phone Galaxy S10+ and same chord......yet now it keeps randomly disconnecting and reconnecting. Any thoughts? I tried resetting phone and turning radio on and off. Any insight is appreciated. Thanks.

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
I had this happen on my older phone and tried a new cable, that solved it for me maybe you'll have the same luck. Other things you may want to try is blowing out usb ports with compressed air on both car/phone to make sure there's no debris causing a connection issue.

mike-y

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI / 2016 R
new cable solved that issue for me. My original cable lasted about 6 months and started getting random disconnects. bought a new 1.5 foot usb cable, and it worked perfectly again.

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
I'm now on cable #3 since owning this car.

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
I've experienced the same thing a few times, each time it was the cable. I spent around $10 on an Anker Powerline+ last year, and it's been working so far.

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
I've been using the Anker cables (USB-C) for a while now and they seem to work very well all things considered. Everything has a finite lifespan but these seem durable enough for daily usage at least that's been my experience thus far (1-2yrs).

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
I've been using the Anker cables (USB-C) for a while now and they seem to work very well all things considered. Everything has a finite lifespan but these seem durable enough for daily usage at least that's been my experience thus far (1-2yrs).
Same here, my Anker cable has been holding up like a champ for the last two years after the no-name cable I was using originally crapped out on me.

Beju

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit Ed.
I had Android Auto disconnects induced by the phone being bumped, tried another cable, and had the same problem. Then I cleaned out my phone's USB-C port with a toothpick I whittled down to fit in the gaps. Maybe if I'm feeling bold one day, I'll blast out the USB-C port with some CRC electrical contact cleaner.

DiscusInferno

Go Kart Newbie
When my S7 constantly dropped the connection, and among other things... I bought a new phone, and occasionally get a random disconnect... it happens to be a $200 Motorola X4 phone.