GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

And there goes the Dodge Charger and Challenger.

aregister

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Hybrid Jetta 2013
Not a big fan of muscle cars. Even less of a fan of their owners. If I ever dipped my toes in that realm it would be for a shelby GT350 or GT500

Mandatoryclutchpedal

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Cbr1000rr, GTI S
My brother in law paid 37.5k last year for his ‘21 Smoke Grey ScatPack and made a deal to sell it for 52k today.

If they’re so in demand idk why they’d stop selling them. I heard that at the rate we’re able to produce electric cars to fully replace ICE cars it’ll take 60 years, so all this “no more by XX date is BS.
https://www.autoweek.com/news/a1716...issing-fuel-economy-requirements-report-says/

They will probably follow market trends and focus on cuv\suv EVs and phevs instead of trying to find away to integrate battery packs and motors on that old platform and investment in fixing\refining their current powertrains is a dead end.

The only Chargers and Challengers that add value to the perception of the brand are the v8 models and they are gaz guzzling behemoths.

Wild that someone would pay 50k for a used Scatpack but it is a tight market and I'm sure the new owner is going to have plenty of fun in it.
At least until someone in a dual motor tesla 3 which also sells for 50 brand new doesn't enter the chat.
Then it's all cringey arguing about charging stations and roller lifter failures.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
https://www.autoweek.com/news/a1716...issing-fuel-economy-requirements-report-says/

They will probably follow market trends and focus on cuv\suv EVs and phevs instead of trying to find away to integrate battery packs and motors on that old platform and investment in fixing\refining their current powertrains is a dead end.

The only Chargers and Challengers that add value to the perception of the brand are the v8 models and they are gaz guzzling behemoths.

Wild that someone would pay 50k for a used Scatpack but it is a tight market and I'm sure the new owner is going to have plenty of fun in it.
At least until someone in a dual motor tesla 3 which also sells for 50 brand new doesn't enter the chat.
Then it's all cringey arguing about charging stations and roller lifter failures.

Plot twist, brother in law got cold feet and declined the offer. He’s not your typical scat pack owner, he has a shop full of ‘60s & ‘70s Mopar including a 9 second NA Duster and a aluminum 526 Blown hemi going in his Belvedere. He doesn’t need the money, or the “clout” most modern muscle car owners are after. My two cents is he should keep it, even if it just sits in the shop.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Surprising since that seems to be Dodge's bread and butter...

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
@snobrdrdan Your neighbors in here posting notes about your loud exhaust again!!!! :ROFLMAO:
While it was fun trying to annoy them.....unfortunately, no :cry:

The Daytona 392 left us on 10/25....I went the COMPLETE opposite way and have a '21 Pacifica Hybrid now.
And the wife just got a '21 Pacifica (gas) last week too.

In my defense....kid number #4 is due in April

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
While it was fun trying to annoy them.....unfortunately, no :cry:

The Daytona 392 left us on 10/25....I went the COMPLETE opposite way and have a '21 Pacifica Hybrid now.
And the wife just got a '21 Pacifica (gas) last week too.

In my defense....kid number #4 is due in April
You now own 2 of the most versatile vehicles on the road.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
You now own 2 of the most versatile vehicles on the road.
I concur

I said I'd never drive a minivan, but after checking one out....it really is more practical & so much easier with the kids. It's loaded too

Any other SUV wouldn't have the space or functionality that the Pacifica offers. And for my short drive....the Hybrid works perfect. I've gone ~350 miles so far and haven't even used a 1/2 tank of gas (from the dealer fill up).

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Dear god. What will lower enlisted buy at 28% APR now?!??

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
I concur

I said I'd never drive a minivan, but after checking one out....it really is more practical & so much easier with the kids. It's loaded too

Any other SUV wouldn't have the space or functionality that the Pacifica offers. And for my short drive....the Hybrid works perfect. I've gone ~350 miles so far and haven't even used a 1/2 tank of gas (from the dealer fill up).

Minivans are WAY better than crossovers.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Aren't these things STILL built on a 20 year old Mercedes E class chassis? They sure got a lot of mileage out of that old cow.

They still seem to be super popular where I live. If there a car weeving in and out of traffic at 100 mph in the most dangerous bridge in Jacksonville, you can bet it's one of these things. They're worse than Mustang drivers in these parts.