GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

AMMO -- Good Online Stores

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
In light of ammunition shortages on the website I usually get ammo from, I would like to get some recommendations of places where you guys buy your ammunition. I usually get mine at targetsportsusa.com, but they are pretty much out of everything but defense ammo, which I do not need to buy the thousands.

mkv_martinez

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
DBP 4 door GTI
As a hunter my needs are always filled by Cabelas when the local gunshop is empty.

I went to my local shop at the start of all this and they only had a few boxes of stuff that suited my needs - everything else sold out. On the Cabelas website it took me like 2 hours to select which new ammo I wanted to try within each caliber/gauge. Being in the state that allows ammo to be shipped is amazing. America.

Now that we are entering wave 2 of this virus and grocery stores are starting to be a bit empty from time to time around me, it might be time to stock up on ammo again to make sure we can go put a deer on the table.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
As a hunter my needs are always filled by Cabelas when the local gunshop is empty.

I went to my local shop at the start of all this and they only had a few boxes of stuff that suited my needs - everything else sold out. On the Cabelas website it took me like 2 hours to select which new ammo I wanted to try within each caliber/gauge. Being in the state that allows ammo to be shipped is amazing. America.

Now that we are entering wave 2 of this virus and grocery stores are starting to be a bit empty from time to time around me, it might be time to stock up on ammo again to make sure we can go put a deer on the table.

My biggest headache now will be finding .22lr for the Marlin 60 I've just bought. Who would have thought.

mkv_martinez

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
DBP 4 door GTI
My biggest headache now will be finding .22lr for the Marlin 60 I've just bought. Who would have thought.

Do you live in a state where you can order ammo online? If not you can ship to a local Cabelas and pick up there.
Cabelas has a few options in stock - not tons, but more than enough selection.

1100 Federal Black Pack for $55
50 Pack of CCI Velocitor for $6
Now that I'm looking - I actually see a really cool 400 Pack of Winchester Super-X with a custom wooden box.

They had some other .22lr, but those are probably safe choices I'd put through my guns without worries of too many duds.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Do you live in a state where you can order ammo online? If not you can ship to a local Cabelas and pick up there.
Cabelas has a few options in stock - not tons, but more than enough selection.

1100 Federal Black Pack for $55
50 Pack of CCI Velocitor for $6
Now that I'm looking - I actually see a really cool 400 Pack of Winchester Super-X with a custom wooden box.

They had some other .22lr, but those are probably safe choices I'd put through my guns without worries of too many duds.

I can have ammo shipped to an FFL and pay $6 for the transfer. I'll check out Cabelas, thanks.

ce4

Ready to race!
I have been a big fan of https://ammoseek.com/
helped me find some weird 22 ammo (.22 Win Auto). You can search whatever ammo your looking for, sort by best buy for bulk, best shipping, instock...

ce4

Ready to race!
For semi-auto .22, i've always had the best luck with:
-cci mini-mags
-federal value pack (the one that comes in 325 count)
-CCI Ar-Tactical (works great for semi-auto)

As far as winchester, the only round that functioned the best was the M-22 rounds. They worked great for my 10/22. Any other winchester ammo that went through that constantly stovepiped, jammed, or f2f. dirty like the remington golden bullets...also stay away from those, just my opinion though.

mkv_martinez

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
DBP 4 door GTI
For semi-auto .22, i've always had the best luck with:
-cci mini-mags
-federal value pack (the one that comes in 325 count)
-CCI Ar-Tactical (works great for semi-auto)

As far as winchester, the only round that functioned the best was the M-22 rounds. They worked great for my 10/22. Any other winchester ammo that went through that constantly stovepiped, jammed, or f2f. dirty like the remington golden bullets...also stay away from those, just my opinion though.

Double thumbs up for CCI Mini-Mags - as far as I know they are some of the best 22lr ammo around
Remmington Magnum 22lr is also great stuff
Remmington 22 Thunderbolt is much more likely to cause a jam in my weapons than those other two options.

I've also had a lot of luck with the Winchester 22lr 555 rounds USA White Boxes

I can have ammo shipped to an FFL and pay $6 for the transfer. I'll check out Cabelas, thanks.

So luxurious to order ammo online. I was probably as excited for my first online order or ammo as I was for my first car parts. So nice to open a box from the UPS man and get boxes of .30-06
Especially in these times when you don't know what the gun stores will have in stock? that $6 transfer and some shipping is just a bit of a charge to get exactly what you want and know what you are getting.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
ammoseek will crawl the web for you

Reactions: ce4

GeorgiaBII

Drag Race Newbie
Right now is hard to find sadly. Ammo seek is a good source. I've got about 10k rounds on the shelves right now so I'm not worried about the shortages. Rule of thumb "buy cheap, stack deep". I've been through several shortages and refuse to run low anymore.