GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Alright, when will MK 7 really be stateside?!

e92miami

Additionally, incredible as it seems, AutoWeek, Oct 29, 2012, "Evolutionary-Plus," Greg Kable reports: "VW remains tightlipped on engines planned for the U.S. where the [Golf Mk7] goes on sale late 2014." (Emphasis added.)

Uggg having to wait 2 years is crazy. Looks like it will be either the S3 Sedan or new 2 Series with RWD for me.

Hooklyn

Banned
Additionally, incredible as it seems, AutoWeek, Oct 29, 2012, "Evolutionary-Plus," Greg Kable reports: "VW remains tightlipped on engines planned for the U.S. where the [Golf Mk7] goes on sale late 2014." (Emphasis added.)

AutoWeek is known to be a terrible source of information. They publish rather outlandish things to drive their popularity.

Trust C&D though.

reillyse

Go Kart Champion

I pray that shit is wrong. Waiting an entire year from now is going to be hard enough.

Cal2000

Go Kart Champion
I have my 13' GTI Autobahn w/ DSG to keep me entertained for now. I will definitely check out both GTI and R when they come out (hopefully sooner than late 14'). If they bring the Golf R w/ DSG along with "some" of the convenience options that Euro folks get, I will definitely consider getting one.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
If they bring the Golf R w/ DSG along with "some" of the convenience options that Euro folks get, I will definitely consider getting one.

2008 People wanted a DSG

2012 People wanted a Manual

Now people want a DSG again.

Just noticing a trend.

TauCephei

I've always driven and wanted a manual. I will never own an automatic.

That said, all of these conflicting reports are saddening. I want this car [4-door, GTI Autobahn, Mk7, 6-speed], but late 2014 is nearly two years from now. I can wait until late 2013, even a year from now. But Q3/Q4 2014 is a hard pill to swallow...

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
I think late 2013 is a reasonable figure. That's following normal development times.

krische

vdubber in training
2008 People wanted a DSG

2012 People wanted a Manual

Now people want a DSG again.

Just noticing a trend.

I thought it was kind of the opposite

2008 - People wanted a manual but got DSG (manual to hold the revs higher in the VR6's powerband vs. DSG shifting too early)

2012 - People wanted a DSG but got manual (DSG to shift faster with the quicker reving 4 cylinder)

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI

2008 - People wanted a manual but got DSG (manual to hold the revs higher in the VR6's powerband vs. DSG shifting too early)

2012 - People wanted a DSG but got manual (DSG to shift faster with the quicker reving 4 cylinder)

Its whichever way you want to look at it. We're on the same page :)

krische

vdubber in training
I agree with some of the A3/S3 excitement. According to this the S3 should be 300 hp and get 33 mpg (40 imperial) on the highway.

More power and better mileage than my GTI, and it's AWD too! But I might still wait for the Golf R, since that should be the same but in hatchback form and hopefully 4 door again.

Cal2000

Go Kart Champion

Exactly. My previous car was a Honda S2000 but DSG mated with the turbo 4 is too good to be ignored. I have been a manual transmission guy all along; however, I really enjoy the DSG in my GTI. I cannot even imagine how nice it would be to drive an R w/ DSG trans.

djPerfectTrip

Passed Driver's Ed
This may work out for me as I really want a new car, but I've been eyeballing GTIs for a few years now, but not quite ready to purchase yet. This is probably going to help me not get into a loan prematurely =^P

Big Swede

Ready to race!

I agree. The VR6 needed a manual to help it out.

Turbo's and DSG go together like beer and pizza.