GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Alltrack 'R' rear bar upgrade.

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
Just wanted to give a heads up that I put an 'R' rear bar on my Alltrack with a stock suspension and found it worthwhile. Lots of take offs out there and for an owner that wants to take some of the wallow out the back on transitions and get a little closer to balanced on turns, it's a cheap and cheerful fix. No downside and all positives. Got one at good price from a member here. Great experience. Highly recommended if you have an Alltrack even if you don't drive aggressively.

Oh and the hollow bars have identical dimensions including diameter so looks stock to dealer etc. R bar has heavier gauge walls.

aroundomaha

Ready to race!
I wonder if the rear sway bar from my MK7 GTI would be an upgrade on my Alltrack. Its just sitting around since I installed a 26mm replacement.

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
I wonder if the rear sway bar from my MK7 GTI would be an upgrade on my Alltrack. Its just sitting around since I installed a 26mm replacement.
It won't fit.

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
Now have GTI springs/TT pad/ Koni sport actives along with the R bar and am surprised at how nice a combo this is in all respects.

ebg18t

Ready to race!
Now have GTI springs/TT pad/ Koni sport actives along with the R bar and am surprised at how nice a combo this is in all respects.

yep it’s a simple setup that works quite well. I did the similar setup, just with R springs

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
I'm surprised with how firm it got with the GTI springs and Sport actives on a heavier vehicle. I'm personally glad I did it this way and the balance is right on. I'm running 34lbs up front and 32 in back (a couple pounds less than I was on stock) and the ride is about right now. Stock 17s with 225/50.

Last edited:

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Was looking at this upgrade for my wife’s SEL currently on order. Found that the Tiguan SE 4motion (maybe others) uses the same rear bar as the R. 21.7mm pn. 5Q0511305BF. One good thing about overlapping the new alltrack and snoozer Tiguan... rear bar swap before the Tiguan goes away.

Scorpione

Hey All,

Just wondering if you're all still happy with this upgrade. Also, I found one locally without brackets/bushings. Would my OEM alltrack brackets/bushing work? i'd assume so because of the minimal difference in diameter.

Already have golf R springs and Bilstein struts.

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
They are the same diameter. Difference is wall thickness of hollow tube.