GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Alloy wheel spacers

Shaun1

Just bought golf gtd 7.5 thinking of 12mm spacers all round wheres best qaulity and place to buy from

Attachments

• 20191106_223608.jpg
    20191106_223608.jpg
    406.4 KB · Views: 222

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
if pedigree matters, go h&r.

bloxsport is a high quality brand (I have them) and can be found on amazon and ebay.

I've also tried cheap brands like precision european and have had no issues with vibration or anything else performance related. I autocross twice a month and switch wheels back and forth each time, so four wheel changes a month. Only issue I see is cosmetic scoring on the spacers, from the wheel hub that might make them harder to resell.

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
i think I paid around $55 US for 20mm spacers, with extended bolts, a couple years ago

OldVWFan

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
try ecstuning .com or shopdap.com or moddedeuros.com. all have a good selection and are VW experts.

OldVWFan

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
H&R makes a good set also, the ECSTuning flush mount spacer kit I think is just as good. As long as from a reputable VW supplier then I believe that it is more about pricing. I am running 15mm spacers all round with the stock Nogaro 18x7.5 and the Neuspeed Forged RS 18x8 to clear the TTS calipers on the front.

OldVWFan

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
I am sure APR's is good, don't know about the weight, would make a difference if the car is tracked a lot, but for a street car I doubt that it would.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I like APR’s, much lighter compared to other brands.

Any comparison to show that? I can't imagine that an aluminum spacer can weigh very different regardless of brand. Especially not much lighter as you said.

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
The ECS spacers are nice. My Rabbit has 12.5mm in front and 20mm in back. No vibes at all.

Shaun1

H&R makes a good set also, the ECSTuning flush mount spacer kit I think is just as good. As long as from a reputable VW supplier then I believe that it is more about pricing. I am running 15mm spacers all round with the stock Nogaro 18x7.5 and the Neuspeed Forged RS 18x8 to clear the TTS calipers on the front.
That sounds good do the tts brake caliper go on the golf gtd 2017

Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R
Any comparison to show that? I can't imagine that an aluminum spacer can weigh very different regardless of brand. Especially not much lighter as you said.

I have to swap out my street wheels for track next Friday, so I’ll weigh my APR and ECS 17mm spacers to compare, but you can see on these 10mm APR spacers how much material is removed. It’s especially noticeable on 10mm and up.

9EC3F909-8C35-4786-B46A-5E46CFA2D9C9.jpeg

OldVWFan

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
I don't know for sure if they would fit but I would think so if the Golf GTD is a MK7. Also, you would have to go with the 340mm diameter rotors from the performance package, backing plate, etc. Check with ShopDap as they have the complete kit to switch. I did the switch on a 17 GTI Sport which had the performance package.

Antomero

Passed Driver's Ed
I would stay away from spacers. Why not buy new wheels with a more aggressive offset. Assuming it’s for cosmetic purposes