GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Alloy dilemma

stu71527

Car(s)
Golf gtd 7.5
Hi guys,

I have a GTD 7.5 in Atlantic blue. White worm is starting to set in and it’s annoying me so I was thinking do I just have cut or do I go down the powder coat route, either anthracite or gloss black.

Any opinions welcome

Stu

Attachments

• F110E304-F1A8-4EFB-82BC-2EA873E3DEE1.jpeg
    F110E304-F1A8-4EFB-82BC-2EA873E3DEE1.jpeg
    623 KB · Views: 118

cb1111

Hi guys,

I have a GTD 7.5 in Atlantic blue. White worm is starting to set in and it’s annoying me so I was thinking do I just have cut or do I go down the powder coat route, either anthracite or gloss black.

Any opinions welcome

Stu
I'm not a fan of black as it seems to just turn into a black blob. Aside from silver, my favorite wheel colors are a bronze (that looks great with the dark blue) or that diamond black that VW had on the Khartoum wheels - think silver with tint on it.

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
Anthracite powder coat finish gets my vote, or I you’re feeling a bit more daring, bronze as @cb1111 has suggested.

Jantriis02

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI
I agree with @cb1111 that all black ends up being a bit blobbish. Bronze would be cool, but bear with me here, I think a powdercoated white could look really fresh. Not everyone's cup of tea, but it would be a bit different

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Powder coating those is probably not far off the cost of an aftermarket set of wheels in a color you like.

stu71527

Car(s)
Golf gtd 7.5
I did actually look at after market bronze, think that would look sweet but not sure if it would suit the Santiago style 🤔