GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

All season vs Summer tires in ATL GA

ATLMK7

After 5 years of only high performance summer tires year round, I not only think it will be fine, but think it is a great idea. I fully encourage grippy tires full time. Never know when it will be prime boost weather during our 'winter' season.

spankye

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI Autobahn
Just up the mountain here in Asheville. I was running General G-Max AS on my last GTI and loved them. Less expensive than Michelin and Conti, great in the rain, and better than expected dry grip. They don't have the treadwear rating that Mich. or Conti has but it's close and they are significantly cheaper at times. My co-worker rocks Michelin PS4S year round on his R. He says obviously be careful in the winter but it's not like he slides off the road when the temps drop. It was in the low teens here the past few mornings and he got in to work just fine.

The fact is, we just don't get much weather in the South. I think most of us (myself included) worry about winter weather a little too much and factor that into our tire decisions when it's really only an issue maybe a few times a year. Personally, like GTIJake, I'll get summer tires next time I'm due and enjoy them the majority of the year.