GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

All New Pricing on all APR ECU/TCU Upgrades!

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
@Arin@APR enjoying my plus tune. Quick question on spark plugs - stock spark plugs recommended for the plus (91 low torque) tune, or go to heat range 8 or 9?

ssaylor

Passed Driver's Ed
Arin - just received the Black Friday email blast…

Black Friday and Cyber Monday has come early!

Save on select APR hardware until the end of November, alongside free shipping to the lower 48 on orders of $100 or more. ECU and TCU software tuning upgrades are an average of 35% off and up to 77% off.

When I check the engine software, it doesn’t look like the discount(S) are applied compared to other items?

PART# ECU-20T-EA888-3-T-IS38
499.95 Suggested Retail

Is this 35% off a well?

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
Anyone know if the apr dsg tune works well with my eurodyne custom ecu tune? My tuner has redline raised through the ecu tune and the car doesn't rev past 6800 rpms still. I wanna raise the redline through the shift points in manual mode and to my understanding, this is possible through the tcu tune

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Anyone know if the apr dsg tune works well with my eurodyne custom ecu tune? My tuner has redline raised through the ecu tune and the car doesn't rev past 6800 rpms still. I wanna raise the redline through the shift points in manual mode and to my understanding, this is possible through the tcu tune

APR DSG tune is matched to APR's maps (there is a different TCU tune for each ECU tune's unique power curve). Eurodyne has TCU tunes, and maestro. if you got a custom ECU tune, you should be able to get a custom TCU tune through Eurodyne. Don't cross platforms, that's just not kosher lol

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
APR DSG tune is matched to APR's maps (there is a different TCU tune for each ECU tune's unique power curve). Eurodyne has TCU tunes, and maestro. if you got a custom ECU tune, you should be able to get a custom TCU tune through Eurodyne. Don't cross platforms, that's just not kosher lol
Eurodyne doesn't do custome tcu tunes, there's no way to customize them. I figured since I'm basically like stage 4 lol I should run their stage 3 tcu tune. Idk if anyone has had any experience that wouldn't mind chiming in also

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
Arin - just received the Black Friday email blast…

Black Friday and Cyber Monday has come early!

Save on select APR hardware until the end of November, alongside free shipping to the lower 48 on orders of $100 or more. ECU and TCU software tuning upgrades are an average of 35% off and up to 77% off.

When I check the engine software, it doesn’t look like the discount(S) are applied compared to other items?

PART# ECU-20T-EA888-3-T-IS38
499.95 Suggested Retail

Is this 35% off a well?

Retail price was $799.99. So the new price is 37.5% less. :)

NBMK7GTI

Go Kart Newbie
Eurodyne doesn't do custome tcu tunes, there's no way to customize them. I figured since I'm basically like stage 4 lol I should run their stage 3 tcu tune. Idk if anyone has had any experience that wouldn't mind chiming in also

if the rev limits for both ecu and tcu tune are the same, you’ll be fine. You can run into mixing and matching when you have different rev limits on either. I ran an ie ecu tune with an eqt tcu tune. A ton of people run mixed combo and you seldom hear of any major issues.

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
if the rev limits for both ecu and tcu tune are the same, you’ll be fine. You can run into mixing and matching when you have different rev limits on either. I ran an ie ecu tune with an eqt tcu tune. A ton of people run mixed combo and you seldom hear of any major issues.
My tuner has the ecu side set to I think 7800 rpm. I wasnt sure if apr does custom redline. I would be okay with the eurodyne tune if I wasn't so restricted to stock redline.

NBMK7GTI

Go Kart Newbie
My tuner has the ecu side set to I think 7800 rpm. I wasnt sure if apr does custom redline. I would be okay with the eurodyne tune if I wasn't so restricted to stock redline.
I can’t speak for all of them but I know the eqt has one more specific to the vortex because it makes it’s power higher in the range. Maybe reach out to eqt and see if they can get you sorted.

GTI_Owner

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI

I don't think every TCU tune has to be matched to a specific ECU tune. If that were the case any custom ECU tune would require a custom TCU tune, and there seem to be very limited options in terms of custom TCU tuning.