GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Alignment Questions

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
I'm a noob with alignment stuff. Long story short, my wife was driving to a 24 hour pharmacy at 2am after we got out of the hospital with our 3 year old rocking a 105º temp and hit a curb pretty hard. Severely damaged the sidewall on a 10 day old DWS06 tire and bent one of my RSe12s.

Before anyone makes a comment about wife driving car: She's had one an accident in the 15 years I've known her, and I consider her one of the best and most aware drivers I know. She also has an MK7 so she knows our cars well. She grew up driving twisty back roads and knows how to control a car, this was simply long hours and high stress causing her to make a poor driving calculation in the dark.

I had planned to get an alignment anyway because since getting new tires 2 weeks ago, the car was pulling a bit left going down the road, even before the aforementioned curb incident, and was pulling more after. Prior to this I hadn't noticed the car pulling or any uneven tread wear on my previous set of tires (Conti ECS). It was last aligned in September after I had a small rear end collision, the body shop had it aligned before returning to me because "thats what they do for every car"

I am lowered on H&R OE Sport (~0.85" drop) and Bilstein B8 shocks. I have a 25mm Eibach rear sway.

Here is the alignment report from today:
IMG_7432.JPG

Questions:
1. How do these look overall given my suspension? Does anything look off?
2. The couple alignments I've had have always shown that front right camber to be borderline. I wouldn't expect that I need camber plates with under a 1" drop based on what I've read.
3. Anything I should try to change up to make sure I get the most even tire wear possible? I am not doing any tracking/autoX, just standard daily driving and pushing it hard on some mountain roads a few times per year.

Thanks everyone

MK7 AP2

Go Kart Newbie
My specs are almost identical, lowered on linear Eibach. I was genuinely surprised when I got the readout and how much toe in the specs allow for. Toe in generally reduces oversteer and helps with high speed stability. For me, I will be going 0 toe in front and 0.10 degree rear next time as I don't believe either of the issues I listed to be a problem. If anything, the car should be a little more lively and get better tread wear, seems like a win/win.