GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

AliExpress power folding issue

umar97

Car(s)
MK7 Golf 1.6 TDI
Hello all,
I am new to this thread, after years of reading the forum. i guess it was only a matter of time i came across an issue I could not find a resolution for.

I recently ordered power folding mirrors off aliexpress,
Separately purchased folding mirror switch and door modules
5Q0 959 593/2 A

hooked it all up to the car (RHD UK)
Left (passenger) mirror works as it should
However the right (driver) mirror does not

when the mirrors should fold in, the drivers folds out and vice versa

I took it to an auto electrician who performed VCP on the door modules to match, the problem still persisted.

The only way the right and left mirror fold in the same direction thus far, is by coding the right module as a LHD,
however this is a temporary fix as when indicating right, the left mirror would also indicate,
thus, the right mirror indicator has been disabled to not confused other drivers,

There is also the problem of wanting to position the mirror glass as i have to switch to L to position the right mirror and vice versa,

I humbly request help for anyone that has come across this or would know how to resolve the issue
Thank you for reading

nestid

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
If you ruled out coding issue and/or wiring, then I think it could be the right mirror itself that could be the issue. Reach out to the seller on Aliexpress. They generally seem to have decent CS and could send you a new right unit if the mirror unit itself is the blame

To enable lock/unlock power folding mirrors with key fob:
[09] Central Electronics
[16] Security Access - Code is 31347, click "Do it!"
[10] Adaptation, choose from the drop down channel
[23] - Access control 2 - Funk Spiegelanklappen change to "active", click do it
[26] - Access control 2 - Menuesteuerung Funkspiegelanklappen change to “active”
[24] - Access control 2 - Funk Spiegelanklappung Modus change to “by look command via remote control key”
Then in the car….
In the Media display
Click "Car"
"Setup"
"Mirrors & Wipers", select the option for “Fold away after parking.

To enable field lights on side mirrors:
[42] Door Electronics Driver Side
- Long Coding
-front_field_light --> active
-turn_off_front_field_light_with_folded_mirror --> active
[52] Door Electronics Passenger Side
- Long Coding
-front_field_light --> active
-turn_off_front_field_light_with_folded_mirror --> active

dvw.r

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7.5 R
If I'm not mistaken you need to load the correct dataset to the doormodules. Ask your seller, 9 out of 10 they can provide yiu with the correct dataset. Search someone with odis-e, idex or vcp and flash dataset.

dvw.r

umar97

Car(s)
MK7 Golf 1.6 TDI
If you ruled out coding issue and/or wiring, then I think it could be the right mirror itself that could be the issue. Reach out to the seller on Aliexpress. They generally seem to have decent CS and could send you a new right unit if the mirror unit itself is the blame
I have ruled out coding,
I believe it may be the wiring, and to try switching the positive and negative wire but I’m not sure how to identify the wires

umar97

Car(s)
MK7 Golf 1.6 TDI
If I'm not mistaken you need to load the correct dataset to the doormodules. Ask your seller, 9 out of 10 they can provide yiu with the correct dataset. Search someone with odis-e, idex or vcp and flash dataset.

dvw.r
I did try doing this with an auto electrician who used VCP to match the door modules to the car but this also had no luck, I believe it may be a wiring issue and have to switch positive and negative wires. AliExpress refund date had passed but the seller did partially refund me for the problem

dvw.r

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7.5 R
I did try doing this with an auto electrician who used VCP to match the door modules to the car but this also had no luck, I believe it may be a wiring issue and have to switch positive and negative wires. AliExpress refund date had passed but the seller did partially refund me for the problem
What do you mean with 'match'? Just coding or flashing datasets?
If it is wiring, but idk, here is the diagram.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230429_225632_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20230429_225632_Drive.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 32
  • Screenshot_20230429_225816_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20230429_225816_Drive.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 29

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
If coding the module to be the opposite door fixes the issue it's a good bet your modules don't have the right data set. Or rather, one of your modules does not have the right data set, the one that's not behaving properly.

umar97

Car(s)
MK7 Golf 1.6 TDI
What do you mean with 'match'? Just coding or flashing datasets?
If it is wiring, but idk, here is the diagram.
If coding the module to be the opposite door fixes the issue it's a good bet your modules don't have the right data set. Or rather, one of your modules does not have the right data set, the one that's not behaving properly.
I thought this would have been the case, however I ordered another dataset and the same issue occurred,

I came across this from a mk6 forums where a customer had the same issue, and resolved it by switching + and - wires, so I’m hoping this will resolve the issue

Attachments

• IMG_2806.png
    IMG_2806.png
    355.4 KB · Views: 40