GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Alarm on Instrument Cluster

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Did you buy it new? They can be ornery. If you have VCDS I would scan for faults. Regardless, I'd take to a dealer since you have warranty.

JJ_MK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI Autobahn
Did some checks around the front and rear bumpers parking sensors but couldn't see anything obvious to the eye. Pulled out the OBDEleven and did a fault scan on the GTI. Here are a few of the fault codes I found. You can see that there is a park assist fault and it mentions that it is located on the front area.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210705-141736_OBDeleven.jpg
    Screenshot_20210705-141736_OBDeleven.jpg
    513.6 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot_20210705-141756_OBDeleven.jpg
    Screenshot_20210705-141756_OBDeleven.jpg
    629.5 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot_20210705-142012_OBDeleven.jpg
    Screenshot_20210705-142012_OBDeleven.jpg
    664.5 KB · Views: 38

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Did some checks around the front and rear bumpers parking sensors but couldn't see anything obvious to the eye. Pulled out the OBDEleven and did a fault scan on the GTI. Here are a few of the fault codes I found. You can see that there is a park assist fault and it mentions that it is located on the front area.
Could be bad sensors. Or bad connections? Have u gone to the dealer yet?

JJ_MK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI Autobahn
Took the front bumper off to do some troubleshooting before visiting the dealership on Friday and it looks like the two front parking sensors on the passenger side, when both of them are disconnected, I don't get any alarm on the dash. As soon as I plugged in one of them (either one), the alarm comes back. Checked the harnes integrity(without removing the protective tape) and I cannot see anything wrong with it. The two sensors are on tbe yellow and the white wire on the bumper harness.
Also confirmed that there is about 11.15V being supplied to the sensors when the ignition is ON.

Last edited: