GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Akrapovic titanium

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Mk.V 2008
Let's not talk about value for money and prices. At 3800 € for the
full system it's clear that it's nothing but painfully expensive.

Downpipe is stainless steel, catback is titanium. Beautifull piece. :)

Personally I'd never spend that amount of money on an exhaust
system for a hatch though.

16plus4v1

Ready to race!
They're a top notch company with top notch prices. You want titanium ? $$$

Go price a ti exhaust for an M3 or GT-R.. mmmhmmm

Irishace

Ready to race!
They're a top notch company with top notch prices. You want titanium ? $$$

Go price a ti exhaust for an M3 or GT-R.. mmmhmmm

Been there done that. Still absurd pricing. I thought coming from the m3 world the VW would be better , still can't believe some of the pricing. Apr and vwr charing $500 for intakes. It's a joke.

16plus4v1

Ready to race!
Been there done that. Still absurd pricing. I thought coming from the m3 world the VW would be better , still can't believe some of the pricing. Apr and vwr charing $500 for intakes. It's a joke.

Gotta pay to play buddy, and I don't disagree with you at all. VW on the greater spectrum is a cheaper brand than BMW, but the following on the MK7 is so strong they can charge us the same as the Audi/BMW/Porsche crew because the hard parts are basically the same just fitted differently to each vehicle. These are premium options, far from your only choices though. You pay $449 for either a carbon fibre showpiece that actually makes good HP, or $449 for the VWR which is very functional and also makes decent power/ looks stock. You do get what you pay for. Everything else I've seen just looks "run of the mill" like a traditional CAI or TIP.

There's always Injen/ Ractive :confused::p

Irishace

Ready to race!
Gotta pay to play buddy, and I don't disagree with you at all. VW on the greater spectrum is a cheaper brand than BMW, but the following on the MK7 is so strong they can charge us the same as the Audi/BMW/Porsche crew because the hard parts are basically the same just fitted differently to each vehicle. These are premium options, far from your only choices though. You pay $449 for either a carbon fibre showpiece that actually makes good HP, or $449 for the VWR which is very functional and also makes decent power/ looks stock. You do get what you pay for. Everything else I've seen just looks "run of the mill" like a traditional CAI or TIP.

There's always Injen/ Ractive :confused::p

I am hoping there are good value options that are yet to be released and / or market correction occurs with added competition.

Even the basic open filter solutions are overpriced. If you want to pay for cf intakes that's great but at bang for buck, I am not paying 500 beans for an intake that may produced up to 5 more hp. I will stick with the stock box which is more than sufficient.

Catbacks may sound pretty but will offer zero power benefits. Paying 2k for a 10lb weight savings and sound increase is absurd.

I will go downpipe next and perhaps fmic and call it a day a stage 2. Tune plus DP plus fmic will be the best hp per dollar on this platform and will easily get you to 310-320whp likely at a total cost of $1.5 - $2k which will be less than the cost of an Akra by itself.

jwilkins88

Ready to race!
Anyone who thinks that places can get away with charging prices like that is playing into their game. Find a local fabricator who knows their shit, and you'll get some custom fabbed, perfectly fitted equipment for far less than these guys are charging.

The shop that I'm working with should shake some shit up.

You always have to "pay to play", but there's no reason to get ripped off

Whackamac

Ready to race!
lol... I will be doing the same exhaust mods this week that I did to my old Focus ST. The exhaust systems are quite similar, so I should attain similar results.

My Focus ST exhaust was voted the best sounding for that car, hands down on the ST forums. I plan on carrying the same plan to the GTI.

Good new for me... It will only cost me $550, incl. labor, to do and I get all the benefits of the expensive stuff. Just got to know how to make your own....