GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Airbag Crash Sensor Error

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
Fault Code B103615 (Crash sensor for side airbag, front passenger side. Open circut/short circuit to B+)

This has been a recurring error since I got my car. If the car is running, and someone opens the passenger door, the car throws this error. I just clear the code with OBDEleven.

Is this the right part? https://parts.vw.com/p/Volkswagen_2018_Golf-R/Air-Bag-Impact-Sensor-Front/96955916/5Q0959354A.html

I could take my car to the dealer, as it's still under warranty, but 30 minutes there, 30 minutes home, then repeat when the car is done, combined with coordinating schedules with my wife and kids activities, it's just.....a pain. They probably wont have the part in stock, so it'll end up a multi-day affair. If that is the right part, and all I have to do is remove the door trim/panel, I feel like that would be the easier option. And I hate going to the dealership. This looks like an easy enough job.....thoughts?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
That's the right part... but if you get the fault when the door is opened/closed I would suspect wiring at the door connector. Then again, I do wire repair for a living so in mind... it's always wiring :LOL:.

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
That's the right part... but if you get the fault when the door is opened/closed I would suspect wiring at the door connector. Then again, I do wire repair for a living so in mind... it's always wiring :LOL:.

Hmmm, i can take a look and see if anything obvious looks wrong with the wiring.