GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Air condition setting memory

Tacomonster

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Gti 2019
Does anyone here know how to keep the car from constantly defaulting to open vent? it’s been very dusty where I live and I constantly have to hit the air recycle button. When I do this AC kicks on. I have read The manual but it didn’t indicate how to shut this feature off. It just warns that recycling air can be dangerous as there’s less oxygen in the cabin.

JTM88

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
I was able to change it with OBD11. Unfortunately I don't think its possible to change it without coding.

Tacomonster

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Gti 2019
I was able to change it with OBD11. Unfortunately I don't think its possible to change it without coding.
I just ordered an obdeleven but the requirement says climatronics. My car doesn’t have that as it isn’t the autobahn edition. Did yours have it?

joesid

Go Kart Newbie
I did it in my SE with manual climate. The recirculation setting is now permanent.

Sadly, my OBD11 doesn’t work anymore so I can’t tell you how, but it can definitely be done. If I recall, it’s not the same as the OBD11 shortcut, that one doesn’t work for our cars.

Try the below options until it works, I’m 99% sure it’s one of those.
AE96A520-C135-4625-BAA9-AA07EE9AAC56.jpeg

Dustinict

Car(s)
2019 GTI SE 6M
I did it in my SE with manual climate. The recirculation setting is now permanent.

Sadly, my OBD11 doesn’t work anymore so I can’t tell you how, but it can definitely be done. If I recall, it’s not the same as the OBD11 shortcut, that one doesn’t work for our cars.

Try the below options until it works, I’m 99% sure it’s one of those. View attachment 184188
This looks correct to me. I did mine the same way ('19 SE). It didn't seem to take at first, but a few drives later and it keeps the last selection.

Tacomonster

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Gti 2019
Interesting I was going to do the inapp function. I just bought an obdeleven. It should be here on Saturday. I’ll have to try that out. Just to be clear, what is the difference between this option and the in app? I am a complete newbie on this and want to make sure I do it right.

Last edited:

Dustinict

Car(s)
2019 GTI SE 6M
Interesting I was going to do the inapp function. I just bought an obdeleven. It should be here on Saturday. I’ll have to try that out. Just to be clear, what is the difference between this option and the in app? I am a complete newbie on this and want to make sure I do it right.
In general, the in app feature (one-click activations) are less preferred because they do not always set everything as desired and you don't know which parameters are actually getting changed. It is straight forward to do the long coding yourself and keep track of changes you are making. Checkout the obdeleven boards for more info.

Tacomonster

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Gti 2019
I Just got the obdeleven and am going to try it this weekend. I have research google on the coding but havent found any clear simple explanation on how to do it properly. Since you have done it already, would you mind sharing some of your Knowledge on the subject?

The saying is measure twice and cut once. I rather ask a stupid question and learn then fumble like a fool. Please go easy on me :)

Dustinict

Car(s)
2019 GTI SE 6M
I Just got the obdeleven and am going to try it this weekend. I have research google on the coding but havent found any clear simple explanation on how to do it properly. Since you have done it already, would you mind sharing some of your Knowledge on the subject?

The saying is measure twice and cut once. I rather ask a stupid question and learn then fumble like a fool. Please go easy on me :)
The pic shared above by Joesid is what you should follow. Just follow the yellow arrows. Report back if you have any issues.

mrs1700

I've got a 16SE, I'm assuming this can be done with VCDS as well. Anyone have experience with that coding?

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Store recirc setting (2018 GSW S)

Long coding
Control unit: 08 Air Conditioning
"Store recirculation air setting for terminal 15 off" = "Save" - Byte 04/Hex 41

tigeo

Autocross Champion
You use up all the oxygen as you drive and eventually pass out.
hahaahahahahah - man, those door seals must be air tight!

Tacomonster

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Gti 2019
So I just tried this and I think it works. Was this the only change that I needed to do? Btw I found this under “long coding” and not “coding”, is this normal? I have an IOS Device.

There’s another option for “credit recirculated air”. Does anyone know what that means. The options show normal or credit.