GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Air Con

Cannondale

Since it has been very warm lately I have noticed the Air Con is not what I would say brilliant, even my daughters 5 year old Corsa is better than my 3 month old Golf. It does cool the car but you have to have the fan on number 3 or 4 to really feel that much and TBH it is not that cold compared to other cars I have had.

Are they all like this?

Rich...

dickt

Ready to race!
Nope. My air con is fine. I would not like to try it in Death Valley, but in West London it works fine. (7 GT 150tdi)

jp_cfc09

Ready to race!
mines is ok too, wouldnt say its amazing but its still good enough. I leave it in 5 mostly, whats wrong with 3 or 4 it goes to six. just put cold full way round and slap her into 6 and youll feel it, if your afraid to go higher then 4 then maybe thats why it aint that cold.

allmac

Passed Driver's Ed
I've read about poorer than expected performance elsewhere so it may be an issue for some. Getting my car in Sept so probably wont get to find out for myself until next year! I've gone for the two-zone climate control which I assume is the same a/c system (compressor etc) with just more sophisticated control but it would be interesting to know if there are any significant differences...The VW blurb says that glovebox is cooled and obviously it's dual zone so I assume that there's just a more complicated ducting arrangement?

gtiw7

Ready to race!
Mine is cooling brilliantly, better then any GTI 5 or 6 that I've ever tried.

btw I live in Bahrain, it can safely be considered one of the warmest and most sunny places on earth LOL A/C is fine :)

vwman

Go Kart Champion
The new aircon is fine on the Mk7 I find.

Whichever version you go for the glovebox is cooled ( just need to remember to set the vent inside to open to stop your chocolate melting. !)

stevep1041

I have a 1.6tdi with the dual zone climate control. Air con is set to medium output and i have it set to 20 degrees. even in the 25 degree heat this week I have found that the air con cuts in quickly and effectively cools the car. I experimented with setting the temp at 18 degrees and found it too cold!

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Speaking of aircon on the Mk.7, has anyone else noticed that dual-zone aircon has disappeared from the options list on the configurator for the "SE" spec on the Volkswagen website?

burso

Ready to race!
just checked and it seems to me it's still available

Attachments

• dual zone.JPG
    dual zone.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 2,734

DW58

Go Kart Champion
That's interesting, it doesn't show up on the configurator on my Mac or iPad - weird.