GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Air con on Golf

cb1111

The same place it drains from most every other car - the drain is roughly behind the front wheel.

Stick your finger in the puddle - if it is clear, not greasy and feels like water, then it is just that - water condensate from the AC

cb1111

This is a prime example of how not to write a first post.

I'm assuming that the OP has a puddle and doesn't know if it is from the AC and Ruger thinks the OP doesn't have a puddle.

Ruger

Car(s)
Porsche Cayenne GTS
My mind went to when my drain got clogged up. No puddle in or out of the car. The core must have had half a gallon in it that came out when I took the drain tube off. (not on a GTI)

cb1111

My mind went to when my drain got clogged up. No puddle in or out of the car. The core must have had half a gallon in it that came out when I took the drain tube off. (not on a GTI)
Right, and my mind went to the usual "help, I have a puddle under my car, what is leaking?" thread.

It would have been better had the OP said why he was asking.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

And I took it as he had a puddle and wanted to make sure it was from the AC. cb1111 is correct. It was poorly written.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
My mind went to OP has a leak in their refrigerant loop and is asking if theres a common spot for a leak. Dripping from your AC drain is not a leak

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
The OP hasn't been back anyway so it is academic. Why bother asking if you don't stick around for answers?
I'll give them the benefit of the doubt this time that they just haven't logged back on after making the post on sunday. Either that or they just wanted to ask the question, get an answer, and didnt care to send thanks

cb1111

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt this time that they just haven't logged back on after making the post on sunday. Either that or they just wanted to ask the question, get an answer, and didnt care to send thanks
Right, but they never got an answer. He (or she)logged on, posted and logged off before the first person answered.

1600197999276.png

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
You can't see if someone has jumped on as a guest and gotten the answer that way.

They might just be a quasi rude/socially awkward person and won't be back (logged in) till they need another answer.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Right, but they never got an answer. He (or she)logged on, posted and logged off before the first person answered.
Probably didn't click "stay signed in" or something. Either that or they stopped caring about the answer haha

tadopkok

Car(s)
BMW M328
Well, he asked a question and disappeared. From the way he asked the question, the person suspects a leakage because the air conditioner is no longer cooling. And tbh, that's a common problem with 70% of the time being a shortage of gas, and the only thing it needs is a refill. But bro, fixing a car a/c is a different type of stress no one should go through. idek why air conditioners are generally hard to fix; like the one in my house, the indoor unit was malfunctioning for months; no type of repair could fix it. When I got tired, I called some technicians who claim to be the best aircon technicians in sg to come and install a new one. One good thing about these a/c's is that there are only needed for about three months, and that's all.

Last edited: