GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Aggressive wheel fitment thread/stance

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Is it possible to run 19x9.5 wheels with a ET35 offset? Guessing I would have to run a 235/35 or 245/35 tire with some strech
No, the tires will poke out past the fenders. I tried this myself and ended up with wheels that I had to sell. Sure, I could of corrected with negative camber, but I like my tire tread to wear evenly. I ended up with 18x8 ET34 on a 225 tire, rolled fenders and I still rub. Food for thought. Choose your wheel specs carefully.

Darthyota

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2015 Golf Sportwagen
No, the tires will poke out past the fenders. I tried this myself and ended up with wheels that I had to sell. Sure, I could of corrected with negative camber, but I like my tire tread to wear evenly. I ended up with 18x8 ET34 on a 225 tire, rolled fenders and I still rub. Food for thought. Choose your wheel specs carefully.
Its just i have a set of wheels im super in love with that were originally bought for a different car but would look super sweet on my new to me gsw. And compared to the wheel package twisted torque posted about they're not tons different only about 16mm (5/8") wider with a 255/35/19 tire to the outside and that combo was called mild so 🤷

Last edited:

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Just depends if you want your tires to tuck inside the fender or not. Im on coils and at first I was going by what others were telling me that they would fit and blah blah, I tried the driver front first and the fender crumpled when I lowered the car off the jack, because the lip of the fender hit the center of the tire tread. After I had my new fender on, I took my own measurements. (and sold the 18x9.5 et35)

At factory camber, for a perfect tuck: (225/235 tire)
18x8 ET35
18x8.5 ET42
18x9 ET 47

That is all the wheel widths I have tested. Others may argue what I said, which is fine. I know those measurements to work.

You COULD potentially run those wheels if you get the wider Seibon front fenders and dial in some negative camber.

Darthyota

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2015 Golf Sportwagen
Just depends if you want your tires to tuck inside the fender or not. Im on coils and at first I was going by what others were telling me that they would fit and blah blah, I tried the driver front first and the fender crumpled when I lowered the car off the jack, because the lip of the fender hit the center of the tire tread. After I had my new fender on, I took my own measurements. (and sold the 18x9.5 et35)

At factory camber, for a perfect tuck: (225/235 tire)
18x8 ET35
18x8.5 ET42
18x9 ET 47

That is all the wheel widths I have tested. Others may argue what I said, which is fine. I know those measurements to work.

You COULD potentially run those wheels if you get the wider Seibon front fenders and dial in some negative camber.
How much of a drop are you running? Im currently stock height. The car is bone stock other then tint currently.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
2.3 front, 2.2 rear

Darthyota

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2015 Golf Sportwagen
I run 18x9.5 ET38, so yes it's possible but you can't run wider than 255/265 and need camber.
Yeah thats fine i dont need to go crazy wide. Id keep it to 235/245 if I had too. How much camber are we talking still within factory specs or silly amounts like the vip stance crowd that only runs on the edge of their tire borderline on the sidewall.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Wanted to add my current fitment :) BBS 18x8 ET 44 with H&R 10mm spacers to clear BBK. Tires are Indy 500's 225/40
fitment_1.jpg

fitment_2.jpg