GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Aggressive wheel fitment thread/stance

Marcostv

Car(s)
GTI
255/30 on 19x9 et 40 all around
What did you do to reduce the poke? I'm looking for ideas for reducing the poke on 19x9 Et35 with 235/35 or 245/35 tires (the picture is with a 235/35 tire)

Attachments

• 20200429_145543.jpg
    20200429_145543.jpg
    841 KB · Views: 647

mike G

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7/E28/JLU
What did you do to reduce the poke? I'm looking for ideas for reducing the poke on 19x9 Et35 with 235/35 or 245/35 tires (the picture is with a 235/35 tire)

You just need to go lower and it will sort itself out. You have monstertruck fitment right now causing the "poke" look. If you go lower the wheel(s) will camber in and youll be g2g!

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
Get camber mounts and lower on coilovers. I doubt the oem struts (even dcc) will have stiff enough rebound to keep you from fucking up your fenders/liners.

mike G

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7/E28/JLU
Get camber mounts and lower on coilovers. I doubt the oem struts (even dcc) will have stiff enough rebound to keep you from fucking up your fenders/liners.

Hes not near aggressive enough to mess anything up. If he lowers the car to get rid of the wheel gap he will be perfectly fine (assuming hes on coilovers w/ some decent spring rates. Just lower + fender roll/ screw mod and he'll be g2g (imo). :D

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
On a 19x9 +35 with a 245 tire? Doubt it.

Not my car, so do whatever.

mike G

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7/E28/JLU
H
You think racingline springs will work?
Honestly if I were to start over with the whole “aggressive wheel/ stance thing”..I would just go for coil overs my man. Springs are a waste of money imho. Most will only drop you 1.5 ~ 2.5 inches max. Obviously coil overs come at a cost but once installed offer 10x the adjustability (from dampening to camber adjustments if you buy the right sets).

To answer your question I doubt youlol be low enough on just springs to pull off the look that I think you’re trying to achieve. It will, however, look 10x better than it does now! I say go for it dude!

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
The center bore of the 10mm spacer is too shallow to get onto the rear hub. You'll need a 15mm to clear the rear hub bore.

CamarosRus

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Golf SE
I agree with the too shallow conclusion...........but I only want the new VMR Wheels spaced out 10mm in rear.
This particular 10mm spacer MUST be made for a different 57.1 application as obviuosly wrong for 2019 Golf.
Does another mfg make a correct 10mm spacer ???

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
You can try H&R...but I would contact them first. BFI also has spacers too...I'd ask before buying too. I was in the same situation as you. I tried a 12mm and it didn't work...I had to go with a 15mm.

CamarosRus

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Golf SE
Chogokin, So your conclusion was that the 15mm spacer was the thinnest you could use that flushed
out with face of rotor.
Do I definitely want this style that has the protrusion on spacer for wheel to center on ???
vs the the other style of 57.1 that just slides over VW hub