Aggressive wheel fitment thread/stance

burgerkong

Drag Racing Champion
Rundown:

-Stock DCC suspension with 034 Dynamic+ camber plates
-18x8.5" BBS Motorsports GT2 ET32-ish
-Hankook RS4 245/40R18
-No spacers

This is as flush as you can get, I know I should get a small drop to get rid of the rake, MSS/Swift I guess.

Last edited:

E90 Skye

Ready to race!
Car(s)
e36 M3, MK7 GTI PP
Just right imo

What specs are your wheels?

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
Neuspeed rse12 18x8 +45 with 10mm spacers up front and 15mm in the rear. 225/40 tires.

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
Nope. On full hard dips all I hear are the 034 mounts compressing. I am experiencing rattling in the front caused by the oem endlinks hitting the axles, but upgrading to adjustable endlinks will get rid of that completely.

I'm thinking of adding an extra 5mm for spacers, so 15mm in the front, 20mm in the back. Or just get 235/40/18 tires. And do the front screw mod.

Hans

Ready to race!
Car(s)
19 Golf R
Thanks for posting Niol8r; my KW V1s get installed today. I sent the shop pics of your car for reference. :D I am running nearly identical wheel and tire specs but 235s.

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
Awesome. Let me know how it goes as far as fitting in the 235s. I assume you'll need to do the screw mod if you're going as low as I am (not the lowest the coilovers can go btw).

Hans

Ready to race!
Car(s)
19 Golf R
Will do. I read a lot about the 'screw mod' but what exactly is it? Removing a wheel well liner screw?

Found it: https://youtu.be/UvkSwUAoR4Q

Last edited: