GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Aggressive wheel fitment thread/stance

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
After reading this topic over and over again and with the kind help from you guys.:D thanks a lot!!

Here are my set up:

18x9 ET38 245/40/18 tires, added 8mm spacer at the front

Camber: F -3, R-2.7

Where did you get the extra front camber? Was the 8mm spacer up front necessary to clear the strut?

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Kevnmarc

Where did you get the extra front camber? Was the 8mm spacer up front necessary to clear the strut?

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

I’m running KW clubsport with godspeed rear camber kit. It needs this much camber to avoid rubbing.

The spacer is stance only, not that it was hitting the struts.:D

Nrappa

Ready to race!
Picking myself up a set of 3SDM 0.05 18x8.5 wheels this week. I’m looking at tires and I’m wondering if 245x40x18 will fit? I’m using them mostly for track and autoX but I get a feeling I may use them for more than that. RN I’m stock ride height but that should change soon

I see a lot of people running 235x35, is that about as big as you can go w.o needing camber/spacers??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spiker369

on air, don't care
Picking myself up a set of 3SDM 0.05 18x8.5 wheels this week. I’m looking at tires and I’m wondering if 245x40x18 will fit? I’m using them mostly for track and autoX but I get a feeling I may use them for more than that. RN I’m stock ride height but that should change soon

I see a lot of people running 235x35, is that about as big as you can go w.o needing camber/spacers??

What is the offset of the wheels and what suspension are you on?

Kevnmarc

My friend is running 18x9 ET42 with 245/40/18, lowered on coilover with fender screw mod, no rubbing at all

Crild

Drag Race Newbie

You're buying 27-28lb wheels for mostly track/auto x?!? Solid waste of money. U do u fam.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
6.5 lbs*

I think what youre missing (or not) is that not buying these wheels and spending that $350 on better tires for your factory wheels is a much better investment if your goal is handling. Heavy wheels and stance offsets don't mix well with autox.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

Nrappa

Ready to race!
I think what youre missing (or not) is that not buying these wheels and spending that $350 on better tires for your factory wheels is a much better investment if your goal is handling. Heavy wheels and stance offsets don't mix well with autox.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

I understand lol. But the goal was to get wider wheels. I’m putting a nice set of Federal RSRR’s on them so I should have a nice amount of grip and improved handling

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
I understand lol. But the goal was to get wider wheels. I’m putting a nice set of Federal RSRR’s on them so I should have a nice amount of grip and improved handling

Good luck with that line of thinking