Aggressive wheel fitment thread/stance

Joviemk7

Ready to race!
Just right imo

What are your tire specs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frank Reynolds

Go Kart Newbie
I'm sure it may have been addressed here before... I have 215/35/19 on my 19x8.5 ET45 wheels. I'm lowered quite a bit, kind of want to go a little lower if i can but not necessary. Now, these tires are waaaaay too low profile. They came with the wheels. What would be an ideal tire size for this setup? Really don't wish to rub, I drive a lot! I'm on coilovers but would prefer not to raise the car. I'd love to close what little fender gap I still have, too.

Could I get away with 235/35/19?

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
235/40. Raise your car a bit and get some actual suspension travel. Get some spacers and the fender gap will vanish.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
235/40. Raise your car a bit and get some actual suspension travel. Get some spacers and the fender gap will vanish.
On a 19" wheel? Not a good idea. Also coilovers are built with shorter bodies so they have normal suspension travel at lower heights.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
I'm sure it may have been addressed here before... I have 215/35/19 on my 19x8.5 ET45 wheels. I'm lowered quite a bit, kind of want to go a little lower if i can but not necessary. Now, these tires are waaaaay too low profile. They came with the wheels. What would be an ideal tire size for this setup? Really don't wish to rub, I drive a lot! I'm on coilovers but would prefer not to raise the car. I'd love to close what little fender gap I still have, too.

Could I get away with 235/35/19?
Depending on the tire and ride height a 235/35 on that wheel setup isn't impossible at all. A 215/35 on that setup would give clearance for a tucked setup but shouldn't be needed for any suspension with space between tire and fender.

Frank Reynolds

Go Kart Newbie
Depending on the tire and ride height a 235/35 on that wheel setup isn't impossible at all. A 215/35 on that setup would give clearance for a tucked setup but shouldn't be needed for any suspension with space between tire and fender.

I don’t want it tucked up. The guy I bought the wheels/tires off of had them on a bagged car, hence the rubber band tires.

I just need some more meat. I guess I’ll try 235’s and if they rub, deal with it then. I’ve always had coilovers on my cars because with my first VW, I went through wheel/tire setups like underwear. It’s just been a long time and seems to be a bit more complicated on the newer cars. Plus, back then we just stretched the smaller tire onto the widest wheels we could haha!

Example:

I don’t think there is a need for or room for spacers from what I can see. I think if I spaced them out they’d just rub all day long. The offset looks great, in my opinion. I just want to crank the fronts down a little bit and also have wider and subsequently slightly taller tires.

Thanks for the input so far. Does anyone have pics of 235/35/19 on 19x8.5? I tried searching but didn’t find much.

tylerf0606

Ready to race!
I don’t want it tucked up. The guy I bought the wheels/tires off of had them on a bagged car, hence the rubber band tires.

I just need some more meat. I guess I’ll try 235’s and if they rub, deal with it then. I’ve always had coilovers on my cars because with my first VW, I went through wheel/tire setups like underwear. It’s just been a long time and seems to be a bit more complicated on the newer cars. Plus, back then we just stretched the smaller tire onto the widest wheels we could haha!

Example:

I don’t think there is a need for or room for spacers from what I can see. I think if I spaced them out they’d just rub all day long. The offset looks great, in my opinion. I just want to crank the fronts down a little bit and also have wider and subsequently slightly taller tires.

Thanks for the input so far. Does anyone have pics of 235/35/19 on 19x8.5? I tried searching but didn’t find much.
It's a pretty common spec... You should be okay depending on the ride height you end up with and offset.

Sent from my XT1806 using Tapatalk

tylerf0606

Ready to race!
Offset is et45
Do you have a better picture of your current ride height? It's tough to see based on how dark it gets between the tire and body line.

Sent from my XT1806 using Tapatalk

rktbox

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7 GTI/MK7.5R
18x8.5 ET29's can indeed fit our little rockets. Just requires a little coaxing.
Putting a little camber up front today to tuck lip and she'll be all sweet.

Kevnmarc

After reading this topic over and over again and with the kind help from you guys.:D thanks a lot!!

Here are my set up:

18x9 ET38 245/40/18 tires, added 8mm spacer at the front

Camber: F -3, R-2.7

Attachments

• F99A0DC7-FDE9-4720-87E9-63893BF81072.jpeg
    F99A0DC7-FDE9-4720-87E9-63893BF81072.jpeg
    350.3 KB · Views: 1,678
  • E8DAECFC-2AE0-4E91-9E5F-0DF7E898F39B.jpeg
    E8DAECFC-2AE0-4E91-9E5F-0DF7E898F39B.jpeg
    316.9 KB · Views: 1,632
  • E2D66914-4B95-4386-A06B-6326700197D5.jpeg
    E2D66914-4B95-4386-A06B-6326700197D5.jpeg