GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Aggressive wheel fitment thread/stance

cj_gti

Ready to race!
I am thinking about getting h and r sport springs which supposedly lower the car around 1.3 inches do i need to get wheel spacers or an alignment done or anything or would it be good if i just got the springs

Tornado red|mk7 gti| 6MT

Johnny Blaze

Go Kart Champion
I am thinking about getting h and r sport springs which supposedly lower the car around 1.3 inches do i need to get wheel spacers or an alignment done or anything or would it be good if i just got the springs

Tornado red|mk7 gti| 6MT

alignment after 50 miles

jshwon

Ready to race!
Since this thread was already started. Can anyone tell me how if a 18x8.5 et 38 would fit ok? My concern would be the front. Lowered on VWR springs currently and don't want to do any fender pulling etc. Probably a 235/35 tire. maybe 235/40

ModdedEuros

Go Kart Champion

Tornado red|mk7 gti| 6MT

Alignment will be needed. Nice set of springs. Sports are most common right now

http://www.moddedeuros.com/volkswagen/golf-gti/mk7-2015/suspension/lowering-springs

Feel free to drop us an email if you have any questions. Happy to help support@moddedeuros.com

ModfydGTI

Ready to race!
Since this thread was already started. Can anyone tell me how if a 18x8.5 et 38 would fit ok? My concern would be the front. Lowered on VWR springs currently and don't want to do any fender pulling etc. Probably a 235/35 tire. maybe 235/40
Won't be a problem. I'm about to buy 18x8.5 right now. I plan on using the stock Pirllei tires for time being. I'm lowered on DG.

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion
Yeah guys, 8.5 with a 235 tire will struggle to fit anything bellow ET40 in the front fenders without some camber, pulling or rubbing. Rears will be fine though.

ModfydGTI

Ready to race!
Yeah guys, 8.5 with a 235 tire will struggle to fit anything bellow ET40 in the front fenders without some camber, pulling or rubbing. Rears will be fine though.
I believe ET35 is 5mm more than it needs to be. But I'm only lowered 1" with DG. So suspension travel to the fender shouldn't be an issue. PLUS I'm running 225/40 for now until I decide to go wider.

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion
225's should squeeze in there okay, its 235+ that you'll have in issue with. Post pictures when she is done!

Jota Mendes

Passed Driver's Ed
alright guys so I got aligned and here are the results.

-3.5 camber out back. no toe angle and heres a pic I took really quick this morning so you can see how she sits.

Really nice fitment! Could you tell me some details?
Do the tyres get bald faster on the inside edge? Wheel specs and tyre specs?
Thank you!

jshwon

Ready to race!
I believe ET35 is 5mm more than it needs to be. But I'm only lowered 1" with DG. So suspension travel to the fender shouldn't be an issue. PLUS I'm running 225/40 for now until I decide to go wider.

Thanks for the info. I plan to do the same and keep the tires for now. Thought about bumping up to 19" but I think the 18's will be just fine and compromise comfort as much.

But def post some pics when you're set up.

jshwon

Ready to race!
I'm looking for Rota Grid wheels. Anyone know where I can buy some? So far I only came across a couple of websites that look like they have some.
www.wheeldude.com - They have them in ET38 but the CB is like 73. Could use hub rings?
www.rimstyle.com - They say they have them in ET44 but its a UK site and I'm weary of buying since its out of the country.

If anyone knows of place I could get them in the U.S. that would be great.