GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Aggressive wheel fitment thread/stance

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Nope no negative camber up front at all, and actually very little on the rear. I will be however running more negative camber on the rear next week so that I can go a bit lower.

This supports my theory that there is a lot more room under the fenders of the MK7 vs the MK6. Are you rolled up front or just the top screw removed? The set up I'm looking at is actually a little less aggressive than yours and its hard to tell but I believe you are lower as well.

Johnny Blaze

Go Kart Champion
I'm looking at some 19x8.5 +32 BBS wheels for my GTI. It will be lowered on VWR or H&R springs. Am I going to need spacers for these to sit flush? Anyone know?

19x8.5 et 32 will sit quite nice, might be a little more than flush. Now depending on the tires, 225 will be a better fit than 235 with that offset.

vdubpwr

Ready to race!
I'm looking at some 19x8.5 +32 BBS wheels for my GTI. It will be lowered on VWR or H&R springs. Am I going to need spacers for these to sit flush? Anyone know?

Those are gonna sit very nice with no spacers. Id even maybe even run a 225/35 instead of a 225/40 on those to ensure no rubbing.

This supports my theory that there is a lot more room under the fenders of the MK7 vs the MK6. Are you rolled up front or just the top screw removed? The set up I'm looking at is actually a little less aggressive than yours and its hard to tell but I believe you are lower as well.

I believe so too. All ive got is the screw removed the the tab bent upwards. What are the specs on the wheels youre looking at?

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Those are gonna sit very nice with no spacers. Id even maybe even run a 225/35 instead of a 225/40 on those to ensure no rubbing.

I believe so too. All ive got is the screw removed the the tab bent upwards. What are the specs on the wheels youre looking at?

18x9.5 +40 square

Johnny Blaze

Go Kart Champion

those are 19's he needs to run a 35 profile, as 40 will be to tall for 19s

vdubpwr

Ready to race!
18x9.5 +40 square

You should test fit those, not gonna say they wont fit but I think you might rub on the strut. might need a spacer, stretch tire forsure, and some camber.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
You should test fit those, not gonna say they wont fit but I think you might rub on the strut. might need a spacer, stretch tire forsure, and some camber.

They'll fit no worries. 7mm less aggressive on the fender side than your setup as well. 205/40 is the tire size.

vdubpwr

Ready to race!
They'll fit no worries. 7mm less aggressive on the fender side than your setup as well. 205/40 is the tire size.

agreed a 205/40 should definitely work, cant wait to see it hurry and get them mounted and post it on this thread!

vdubpwr

Ready to race!
alright guys so I got aligned and here are the results.

-3.5 camber out back. no toe angle and heres a pic I took really quick this morning so you can see how she sits.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
18x9.5 +40 square, 205/40 neogens, BC coil overs , 23 3/4 ftg currently

BusinessAsUsual

Go Kart Champion
Nice setup guys! The MK7 looks like it has larger hips than the MK6. Lots of room for potential :)

Was thinking of running 18x8.5 ET35 lowered ~2 inches. Not really THAT aggressive but was hoping to be able to run a 225/40 tire without rubbing. I think I might need a 215. We'll see once I'm lowered