GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Aggressiv Carbon Fiber Front Lip For Golf R (MK7.5) -USP Motorsports Issue

FROSTYmk7.5

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
mk7.5 golf gti 6MT
I had purchased one of these a few months ago and the fitment was off and I returned it. Simple.
A couple weeks ago, I thought I would see if the fitment would be better, so I ordered another. I received the lip mid last week and right away noticed that there was 3M tape randomly on the bottom of the lip. I’m not sure why that was even there. The pictures do not show any type of 3M tape on the lip and the lip I purchased months ago did not have that as well. Then when test fitting it on the car, I noticed both ends of the lip are damaged. This lip seems as if it was used and resold to me. USP says it is not a used item, but yet they don’t explain to me why there is 3M tape on the bottom of the lip. Someone had to have put that tape there and it doesn’t make sense why it would be at the bottom of the splitter facing the ground.

I have been talking to USP Motorsports about the issue and so far it looks like i’ll have to pay to ship it back to them myself just because I was told prior to my purchase that fitment might be off due to my last one not fitting correctly. Even if the fitment was perfect, the lip is damaged and I would want to send it back for a replacement or refund anyways. Now I’m being told I will only get a full refund towards store credit.

I was also told I should take the lip to a body shop since I had trouble the first time with the lip. No point in doing that since the lip is damaged. It’s not even worth taking the lip to the body shop because the lip is damaged. However, it does fit slightly better than the previous lip

This is the first time I’ve had an issue with USP Motorsports and I don’t think i’ll be purchasing from them anymore.

Sharing my experience and I don’t recommend the lip. I just ordered a Maxton V6 splitter. I wish I saw this before ordering the one from USP. Can’t wait to get it!

Anyone else purchase one of these lips and had problems with fitment? I was told that my previous splitter I sent back was sold as an open box item and the person took it to a body shop to be installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agressive is a POS carbon fiber company that orders its products right off of Ali express. Ordered a rear spoiler the other day. it came with barely any 3m tape on it, but the remnants of some tape was stuck in the normal spots that it should have been (as advertised on their website). The wing was also nowhere close to fitting as there was a 1/2 in gap between the edge of the wing, and the edge of the actual rear spoiler. I talked to Justin at USP motorsports, and send him pictures of the test fit and he assured me they made a revision to the wing and the new revision didn't come with tape. My only thought was, "why even revise the wing if you're still gonna send the same piece of china made shit? I will not purchase from AGRESSIV or USP motorsports again.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
i just put my Maxton Designs gloss splitter on. FROM ECS, 1 the screws were literally floating around the box and there was a bunch missing 14 screws, nuts, washer, had only 13,8,4 . I called ECS, after 20 minutes someone in sales answered and patched me through to customer service and customer service never answered (630pm on a friday) they are open til 7. Next day I got on the phone with them and they said they could overnight the parts on Monday and I would get them tuesday, that was a no because I was doing the install Saturday night. I went to 2 home depots and noone had 6M nylon locking nuts, called back at 1 and Cust service was closed couldn't even order the parts :/ . Thankfully thankfully, I did a last ditch effort and went to Lowes, they had all the hardware I needed, big shoutout to lowes you the real MVP. Also all the nuts were floating around the box, i thought the lip was scratched up but it had a protective plastic sticker on it, I checked and it wasn't scratched underneath thank god. It looked like hell on top tho. Glad to say, after all the headaches the lip went on. It looks great but drilling through the bumper was an ordeal as we only got about 1 washer per screw every other screw, which is fine, i've done a few pulls and its not coming off. But it sucks because the return process is shit imo. Seller has to pay shipping, possible restock fee, wait times, its not worth it. I was glad my story worked out, hopefully yours does too. Lastly, I've ordered 7-8 things from ECS and this was the only bad package and I guess everything was a-jar there due to covid-19 but really the screws were litterally floating around the box, it was so bad.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Update about my carbon fiber mirror caps from them. There was some extra glue drops that didn't get wiped off after they adhered the carbon to the cap, which caused the passenger side cap to not fit on all the way. I didn't notice until after I broke the clip trying to figure out why it wouldn't go. I sent pictures and statements to USP and they shipped me a replacement next day, no cost, even though I was the one to break the product. As long as you are polite, explain your problem and provide evidence there was a defect, and don't go in all "you f*cked up now make it right", you will be okay. USP has always been great on the customer service front for me.

ECS has never been responsive to my customer service requests. I ordered an oil change kit from them and they did not package it with any bubble wrap or other packing materials so one of the oil jugs burst. Before i opened the box, i took photos of the oil soaked cardboard and sent them and they basically said "not our fault, file a claim with the shipping company". So i said fuck that, not doing business with you guys anymore unless there is no alternative.

Point I'm trying to make is, mistakes happen. How the customer and the distributor handle the "cleanup" is the important thing to focus on. 90% of the time, if you are dealing with a respectable company, they will own up to the issue and make it right as long as you treat the with the same respect you want them to treat you with. Being defensive and accusatory doesn't help the situation and many people forget to keep emotion out of the correspondence with customer service. These people have nothing to do with the issue that you are discussing, but they do have the power to say "you know, this guy is being a d*ck, I don't need this" and decline your requests. State facts and nothing else.

I'm not accusing anybody in this thread of being rude to customer service, so please don't take this the wrong way. Just sharing some tips based on my experience in the customer returns group with my current employer.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
i just put my Maxton Designs gloss splitter on. FROM ECS, 1 the screws were literally floating around the box and there was a bunch missing 14 screws, nuts, washer, had only 13,8,4 . I called ECS, after 20 minutes someone in sales answered and patched me through to customer service and customer service never answered (630pm on a friday) they are open til 7. Next day I got on the phone with them and they said they could overnight the parts on Monday and I would get them tuesday, that was a no because I was doing the install Saturday night. I went to 2 home depots and noone had 6M nylon locking nuts, called back at 1 and Cust service was closed couldn't even order the parts :/ . Thankfully thankfully, I did a last ditch effort and went to Lowes, they had all the hardware I needed, big shoutout to lowes you the real MVP. Also all the nuts were floating around the box, i thought the lip was scratched up but it had a protective plastic sticker on it, I checked and it wasn't scratched underneath thank god. It looked like hell on top tho. Glad to say, after all the headaches the lip went on. It looks great but drilling through the bumper was an ordeal as we only got about 1 washer per screw every other screw, which is fine, i've done a few pulls and its not coming off. But it sucks because the return process is shit imo. Seller has to pay shipping, possible restock fee, wait times, its not worth it. I was glad my story worked out, hopefully yours does too. Lastly, I've ordered 7-8 things from ECS and this was the only bad package and I guess everything was a-jar there due to covid-19 but really the screws were litterally floating around the box, it was so bad.
this happened when I ordered lug nuts from ECS. they were in a box that was WAY too big for the package with no packing materials, and by the time it got to me the package had bounced around, split open, and lug nuts just loose in a big shoe box.