GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Aftermarket Turbo Options

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
This bad boy popped up on my webrounds, Garrett gen 2 GTX3076r bolt-on kit by Turbo-Total.

CW 58/76 TW 60/55
TT11228-1.jpg

600+ PS Upgrade Turbolader für Volkswagen Golf VII 2.0 R | TurboTotal GmbH (turbo-total.com)

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Wasn't Diggs running the Tomi for a short period on JB4? I mean it's doable, but you're going to leave a lot on the table.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
IS38 upgrade should be fine on jb4 if you don’t want to go further and tune the ecu.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Yup, ran my loba is38 hybrid with the jb4 with a 305 lpfp and an hpfp and still was only able to get it like 24/25 psi at peak and tapered like crazy down to 20 but the factory redline, lol.

Sure It was faster than my is20, but as said above LOTS left on the table... hell even talking to members that went from well sorted jb4s to just a stage 2 ots eqt map via Cobb AP and realized notable amounts of power left on the table with the jb4.

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
hello guys, what do you advise me like turbo more performand for my golf 7 gti performance europe?
I have a jb4 adjustment box
I am looking for a turbo that jb4 can handle?
Hey Gomze

IS38 with JB4 is an option but what are the goals?

If your part of France has plenty of E85 and since you have MPI stock an e85 tune on your IS20 would be fun for cheap on those mountain roads, maybe a little manic if you dont slow the boost onset.

Last edited:

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
thanks guys,
what do you think of the turbo is20 hybrid '? the jb4 would it not be more compatible?
of is20 to advise in hybrid?
Hybrid turbos are usually even larger, so the JB4 is less able to properly regulate fueling. There are places in europe that can tune you for flex fuel too.

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
thanks guys,
what do you think of the turbo is20 hybrid '? the jb4 would it not be more compatible?
of is20 to advise in hybrid?
You can run a JB4 on a unit like a TPC20 however you are much better off with a full ECU tune.

it can be done. but you are leaving alot of performance on the floor with just a jb4.