GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Aftermarket Turbo Options

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
if you read any german, there's also an adapter flange they sell that lets you bolt a G25-660 reverse rotation internally gated turbo on there...
I saw that to but then you have the problem with setting up the WG and DV. This turbo seems to be a nice compromise of massproduced Garret core and bolt on performance, should be around 480whp on a Dynojet SAE corrected at 1.9 bar(27.5psi I think) on 102 Ron(95aki) so similar power potential as E20.

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
I saw that to but then you have the problem with setting up the WG and DV. This turbo seems to be a nice compromise of massproduced Garret core and bolt on performance, should be around 480whp on a Dynojet SAE corrected at 1.9 bar(27.5psi I think) on 102 Ron(95aki) so similar power potential as E20.
A local shop did something similar with the new Type R. G25-550 running the oem WGA with a different linkage. Can be tuned via Hondata. His customer cars are making around 420 on the 550 at 28 psi and the 660 is making 460 at 24 psi. Turbosmart has electronic BOV's too. Theoretically, one could make it work on the stock ecu without resorting to vacuum tubing. I don't know of any tuners around here that would want to fux with it, and I don't know that I'd want them to do it remotely.

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Installing cts mpi rn and wanna keel myself. But should be done and tuning this weekend I'm excited to see the difference with some e85 I know how drastic it is.

Just curious did anyone take out those plates in the head for more flow or just leave em?

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
Just chiming back in here. TPC20 is still going strong as balls out here.

Lovely unit. Season 2 is just getting started.