GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Aftermarket Turbo Options

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
Car(s)
MQB A3
TPC has had several failures. I don't think anyone can resolutely say "This is the best." They are all gambles. Pick one, run it, enjoy it.

There have been? I'm not doubting your word, but i've not heard of any. I'd argue i have the most miles on mine than anyone else, nearing 25k miles. I had the intake off for a new PCV system and zero shaft play so far. Still running great.

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
Meh that's how these things always go. I thought more power on my corvette would make it 2x the fun.... I'm not that excited about a 800hp corvette anymore and it just kills the balance of the car and just wondering what will break next. Every car has that sweet spot of power vs cost vs reliability vs fun

absolutely been here, built a 1k hp car previously and then realized it was like having a super hot crazy stripper for a girlfriend, sounds good when you're drunk and crazy fun sometimes but absolutely not worth the headache.

after looking into all the options if it were me I'd just get a "L380" from littco

feels to me like ~400whp is the sweet spot for these cars and then run them on as strong an ethanol blend as can get

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
400ish whp is also the sweet spot for the limits of FWD traction with these cars IMO. Barring extensive suspension modifications and radials.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
What's the "+" part?
That’s Just what they call their product, cause it’s not a hybrid In respects to the factory housing with a larger compressor/turbine, it’s just a china replica housing with with and heavy duty shaft bearing and a compressor blade with an extra blade.

Last edited:

docwyte

Go Kart Champion
On the R the breakover point $$ to power is sticking with the IS38 and doing an E30 tune. You get 400-420hp, factory turbo, factory fueling, can easily revert to a pump gas tune and things stay reliable. To get more power from there is a whole bunch of money and potential headaches.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
I am sure the dyno reads a bit high but my fwd GTI puts down 450whp on michelin p4s tires on the street in third gear WOT with ease.

Heck yea, would love to see that.

888Gen3

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GOLF MK8 GTI
I like the turbo a lot. On mine I hit 28psi at 3750 RPM. Peaked at 29psi at 4000 RPM and then held 27-28psi to redline. But my IS38 hit 28psi at 3100 RPM so the TPC20 spools about 700 RPM later.

Jim, it is normal.
If you want faster spool, take
LM440 IS20.

Yesterday I installed the
IS38 LM575 making immediately 5.9 - 6.1 = 100-200 kmh (60-130 MPH).
Spool is almost as fast and early as
LM500 TRACK and it wants to generate more than 600 HP.
Here the video of the LM575 IS38 in Leon Cupra (Golf MK7 R | CJX engine)

LM575 IS38 Upgrade Turbolader VAG Turbo VW Golf 7 R VII MK7 MK7.5 7R Turbocharger  Upgradelader.jpg20200527_183903.jpg20200527_183954.jpgLM575 IS38 Upgrade Turbolader VAG Turbo VW Golf 7 GTI MK7 MK7.5 Upgradelader.jpg

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Jim, it is normal.
If you want faster spool, take
LM440 IS20.

Yesterday I installed the
IS38 LM575 making immediately 5.9 - 6.1 = 100-200 kmh (60-130 MPH).
Spool is almost as fast and early as
LM500 TRACK and it wants to generate more than 600 HP.
Here the video of the LM575 IS38 in Leon Cupra (Golf MK7 R | CJX engine)

View attachment 176600View attachment 176601View attachment 176602View attachment 176603

I understand it's normal. I was just responding to someone else who asked for that info.