GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Aftermarket Turbo Options

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
We all know there are HUGE markups on pretty much every part out there. The companies that do it right, however, are at least knowledgeable about every aspect of their product

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Last edited:
your biggest motivating factor was price. you bought it because it was cheap. there is ZERO data on these turbos so performance and reliability info is nonexistent.
for the price you paid do you truly believe this turbo to be anything other than a cheap chinese turbo.
also, did you get a vsr balance sheet with your turbo?

In fairness to MyGolfMk7, there was and is quite a lot more than zero data on the turbo he chose to test. By contacting us and asking smart questions he learned we've had prototype turbos in the field for nearly a year now. He learned that the design emphasis was longevity and durability rather than big power. He also learned that we applied our surge-defeating compressor wheel design into an OEM-dimension.

What's more, he was already familiar with our umbrella brand of FrankenTurbo. We've been around for over a decade now and sold thousands of turbos worldwide. He was familiar with the fact we develop our own products, rather than simply re-selling turbos that can be found on Ebay and Alibaba. He was familiar with the fact that we will be offering Shuenk products through our hundreds of dealers. Some are big, like ECS and UroTuning. But the majority are smaller and work much more closely with the end users of our turbos.

One last thing he knew was that as a rule I don't participate in or read anonymous user forums. That's not how it used to be. Back years ago, FrankenTurbo was a sponsor of several such forums. But the tone and behavior of people masking their identities became so poor that I discontinued my involvement. It's a shame, because I love a stimulating technical discussion. But when the tone becomes disruptive and toxic, when my competitors or their advocates start with personal attacks, I simply leave.

Thank you to the users here offering a fair discussion of our newly-established Shuenk line of OEM+ turbos. I hope it can be a productive one.

Doug Harper
FrankenTurbo

MyGolfMk7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
B5 S4, Mk7 GTI
your biggest motivating factor was price. you bought it because it was cheap. there is ZERO data on these turbos so performance and reliability info is nonexistent.
for the price you paid do you truly believe this turbo to be anything other than a cheap chinese turbo.
also, did you get a vsr balance sheet with your turbo?

Yes, I received a "turbocharger vibration report" with the product.

No, obviously you wouldn't know what motivated me since I haven't said. Your willingness to make false statements indicates to me you aren't being serious, therefore engaging with you further is pointless.

iTsLiKeAnEgG

Ready to race!
I don't mean to interrupt the argument, but would EQT be considered a "top tier" turbo to upgrade from an IS20?

Price wise it's a mid tier option but in terms of performance its punches above its class.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Price wise it's a mid tier option but in terms of performance its punches above its class.

Not to knock it's performance, or a knock to EQT full stop, but just facts here considering features it's mid tier as well. If it were ball bearing and not journal it'd cost $800+ more but then I'd consider it top tier in features, like a Zona/Garrett.