GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Aftermarket Turbo Options

Mk72015

Ready to race!
What was the turbo that rjracing blew up? Littco? Wasn't it like right after he put it on and was tuning it?

yeah i believe it was a littco hybrid.

iTsLiKeAnEgG

Ready to race!
Curious to see what you guys think, I have an opportunity to test a bolt on turbo being described as a GTX30 with a TD06SL2 hotside and am waiting on a spec sheet. Anyone care to take a guess as to performance/spool? I’m just looking to maximize stock fueling, avoid MPI and at most go with an LPFP/HPFP upgrade if needed to hit 430-450whp on pump gas. The Tomioka put down about 415whp on 91 pump gas / stock fueling and looks to have reasonable spool with full boost under 3500rpm which is attractive as I’d hate to start building significant boost above 4k for daily driver duty.

crystalwhiteveedub

Gas Sipper
Car(s)
2009 5 Door GTI
Curious to see what you guys think, I have an opportunity to test a bolt on turbo being described as a GTX30 with a TD06SL2 hotside and am waiting on a spec sheet. Anyone care to take a guess as to performance/spool? I’m just looking to maximize stock fueling, avoid MPI and at most go with an LPFP/HPFP upgrade if needed to hit 430-450whp on pump gas. The Tomioka put down about 415whp on 91 pump gas / stock fueling and looks to have reasonable spool with full boost under 3500rpm which is attractive as I’d hate to start building significant boost above 4k for daily driver duty.

Which turbo is this?

My m560is makes full boost at 3300 on the street, and made 484whp. Dual ball bearing as well for more reliability and faster spool.

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie

He made 415 on Canadian 94 oct which I'm sure is alot better then our piss poor 91 we get here.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
OP - would it be possible for you to go back and edit the first part as we add info to the thread? I was thinking product links and a brief description of each option would really help. Nothing to in depth, just "is38 hybrid option" or "Garrett model xxxxx in custom housing". This has helped keep other threads nice and organized with easily accessible info right at the start I think this is a great idea for a thread and you beat me to it.

As an aside, does anyone know of a good is38 alternative that has better bearings and internals (preferably ball bearing) but still similar sized and will use the factory DV setup? I want the good response and drivability of the is38 but with better reliability and don't care about making over 400hp. Most of the options I've read up on that have the improved build quality either spool much later or need special accessories.

iTsLiKeAnEgG

Ready to race!
Which turbo is this?

My m560is makes full boost at 3300 on the street, and made 484whp. Dual ball bearing as well for more reliability and faster spool.

I can't comment much on the turbo as it isn't public. Once I have a full spec sheet I'll decide if I want to proceed.

iTsLiKeAnEgG

Ready to race!
He made 415 on Canadian 94 oct which I'm sure is alot better then our piss poor 91 we get here.

This is true, I'm waiting to see what the local guys make on 91 to get a better idea. Should see something in the next month or two.

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
OP - would it be possible for you to go back and edit the first part as we add info to the thread? I was thinking product links and a brief description of each option would really help. Nothing to in depth, just "is38 hybrid option" or "Garrett model xxxxx in custom housing". This has helped keep other threads nice and organized with easily accessible info right at the start I think this is a great idea for a thread and you beat me to it.

As an aside, does anyone know of a good is38 alternative that has better bearings and internals (preferably ball bearing) but still similar sized and will use the factory DV setup? I want the good response and drivability of the is38 but with better reliability and don't care about making over 400hp. Most of the options I've read up on that have the improved build quality either spool much later or need special accessories.

I could do that if people post up the link I will add it to and edit first post

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
Ok team, updated post 1, just need assistance filling it in!

dwvw

Go Kart Newbie
OP -

I've been on the Tomioka for a while now. Response is pretty close to the factory IS38, maybe a few hundred RPM later. You can do 400whp easy. And it uses factory wastegate and DV. Bolts on perfect. Fits any factory style downpipe, any intake, and all the oil/coolant lines line up perfect and no mods needed. Looks completely factory as well.

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
I've been on the Tomioka for a while now. Response is pretty close to the factory IS38, maybe a few hundred RPM later. You can do 400whp easy. And it uses factory wastegate and DV. Bolts on perfect. Fits any factory style downpipe, any intake, and all the oil/coolant lines line up perfect and no mods needed. Looks completely factory as well.

What software you running with it? Power level and your mods?

dwvw

Go Kart Newbie
What software you running with it? Power level and your mods?

Eurodyne Maestro, tuned by AFR Autoworks in Red Deer Alberta. Making 415whp/380wtq on pump 94 and 450whp/400wtq on race/pump 105 mix. Integrated Engineering intercooler and open intake. AFR Autoworks custom downpipe. Completely stock fuel system.

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
Eurodyne Maestro, tuned by AFR Autoworks in Red Deer Alberta. Making 415whp/380wtq on pump 94 and 450whp/400wtq on race/pump 105 mix. Integrated Engineering intercooler and open intake. AFR Autoworks custom downpipe. Completely stock fuel system.

How's the power band for street vice IS20?

iTsLiKeAnEgG

Ready to race!
Additional details on the turbo I'm considering:

Anyone experienced with turbos care to take a guess on how the following configuration would perform on the MK7 compared to an IS38 (power/spool)? It would be a bolt on setup with regard to compressor/turbine housings.

GTX3071 (53/71mm) – TD06SL2 (54/60mm)
Billet wheel, journal bearing.

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
I just wish someone would make a billet wheel ball bearing is20 that I could spin up too 35 psi and make 500 plus wheel torque... Might find a rod 25 feet from the car, but it would cool. ;).