GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Aftermarket Reverse Camera With Factory Stereo (DONE)

GolfLights

Hey, have replied to your message.

But yeah all going okay, no problems really at all. Havent upgraded the camera yet as im yet to find anything that is much better quality. Have found some cameras on Ali express :confused: that fit in the number plate hole rather than have the wiring nipping up there so tempted to try one of them, but im always cautious of Ali express stuff haha. For me it completely does the job, and for around £40 and an hour or two of my time I cannot complain at all really.

Yeah, awesome.

Crapmaster

I recently purchased 2015 Golf TDI (MK7), and am looking to install a rear-view camera. There are a lot of good posts for installing an OEM camera, and I understand that process quite well, except I don't quite get the part pulling the power to the driver side fuse box, is that only done to get a factory-like install? It would be so much easier just to connect the camera power behind the quad-lock connector through an inline fuse.

I'm not quite sure if I want to pony up money for the OEM emblem camera module though. There are quite a view after market/3rd party alternatives, both with the emblem module, and modules that are installed to replace one of the license plate lights.

However, all that I have seen have an RCA connector to connect to the infotainment head unit. The one in mine is 5G0 035 844 and it doesn't have the RCA connector for the video, it just takes two crimped wires to the blue connector on the quad-lock.

Does anyone know, would a simple RCA adapter like this work:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car..._expid=33c87975-dfa2-4ee8-9a47-4d9ae8f4ba43-6

Attachments

• HTB1VpfAPFXXXXaEXXXXq6xXFXXXU.jpg
    HTB1VpfAPFXXXXaEXXXXq6xXFXXXU.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 336
  • HTB1D9_2dcnI8KJjSsziq6z8QpXaJ.jpg
    HTB1D9_2dcnI8KJjSsziq6z8QpXaJ.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 320

J8ELL

I have just got a 2018 GTD and want to fit the OEM reverse camera. It has the discover media headunit with the 8” screen. I’m happy doing the fitment myself but had a couple of questions, first of all is this the correct part number for the kit to fit my car? 5G1054634
Secondly I believe it needs programming using a system called vcds, is there a simpler way of doing this? I only have apple products and believe most systems use windows or android. Is there people who would be willing to do just the programming for me? I’d be willing to pay for this dependent on price.

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
I have just got a 2018 GTD and want to fit the OEM reverse camera. It has the discover media headunit with the 8” screen. I’m happy doing the fitment myself but had a couple of questions, first of all is this the correct part number for the kit to fit my car? 5G1054634
Secondly I believe it needs programming using a system called vcds, is there a simpler way of doing this? I only have apple products and believe most systems use windows or android. Is there people who would be willing to do just the programming for me? I’d be willing to pay for this dependent on price.

No, that's not the correct part number - you need 5G2054634 as we're RHD in the UK.

Yes, it needs coding with VCDS - you could pay a retrofit company to do it for you, but VCDS is a good investment when driving a VAG car. The folks on this forum - especially the Americans - seem to love an alternative system called OBD11, but I'm not well versed in that.

J8ELL

No, that's not the correct part number - you need 5G2054634 as we're RHD in the UK.

Yes, it needs coding with VCDS - you could pay a retrofit company to do it for you, but VCDS is a good investment when driving a VAG car. The folks on this forum - especially the Americans - seem to love an alternative system called OBD11, but I'm not well versed in that.

Hi IWMTom thanks for the help. Is there a thread on here anywhere about VCDS, it looks like a big investment would just want to have a look at what it can do.

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Hi IWMTom thanks for the help. Is there a thread on here anywhere about VCDS, it looks like a big investment would just want to have a look at what it can do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5lqqNnoc3U

You're looking at £225 for up to three VINs.

You can read fault codes from every module in the car (rather than just the Engine with a cheapo ODB2 reader), retract the electronic parking brake motor, test actuators all over the place, change coding and adaptations.. the list goes on.

If you plan on working on your own car, get it!

Dazzaman

Car(s)
Golf TSI
Hello.

I haven't got any pictures of the display. Will get one tomorrow and post it ���� Quality isn't mega good, but clear enough to see what you need too. (Take into account how much this costs in comparison to the vw kit)
You can also buy whatever camera you want. Mine was £12. You can buy a better quality one.

As far as the wires go. You install the connects2 lead behind the stereo and it has a video in which comes from the camera. Only other wires you need are a live (when in reverse) and a ground. The connects2 lead has a wire coming off it which goes live when You go into reverse (it works with the canbus system, so no tapping into reverse light wires) so you tap the live from the camera into that one. Then just ground it out on some metal.

If you don't have led number plate lights then you could order this camera, which saves screwing the camera onto the bumper and makes it a bit more of a clean install. Only downside is the camera isn't centred. Mine isn't centred and isn't bothering me too much. I only use the display to see how far I am from something behind me and to see what's there, rather if I'm straight or not.

Number plate camera.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/332217538126

Hope this helps a bit more. Anything else, just ask

Hey could you tell me where the 'reverse' and 'accessory' wires are connected to? Thanks.

RPHD26

Car(s)
Golf Mk7 GTI
Hey could you tell me where the 'reverse' and 'accessory' wires are connected to? Thanks.

I have just made a video on installing this start to Finish if you want to check it out. This was the only guide I could find on how to do it, so I followed it and documented it in a bit more detail, including the coding process.